1975 FJ 40 GM Front Calipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
O K Anybody have pics of the GM front calipers on a 75 FJ40 I took pics of the back but not the front That's why I have that pic w/ the head exploding DUH Thx BUZ

Who does that. It makes more sense to use Toyota parts from a disc 40, 60 or mini truck up front
A lot of people sell parts to use the GM calipers on the rear because until the 70 series Toyota didn't have
rear discs. Man-a-fre sells a kit with Wilwood parts for the front but I still prefer stock parts

That's one hell of run on sentence there.........why would their be GM calipers instead of the stock Toyota stuff? Or are you assuming since GM calipers on the rear, they would be up front too?

They have GM calipers front and rear Why I don't know it was that way when I traded it for my M-38 I guess I was having a bad day Sorry A little hot in Fl.

how about some pics? just to be sure

BTB. TMI, JT's, all use GM ( metric ) calipers , search this forum and you should have part #'s if they are not in the FAQ section which IIRC they are listed there.

You’ve likely got something like these. This kit costs twice what my disc conversion cost using Fj40 components. It uses welded brackets which have been known to break… not something I’d want for my brakes. I’d not recommend anyone do a conversion this way when OEM use superior four piston callipers. Kits like the one below are usually labeled, “For off-road use only”… this is likely for the seller to avoid liability should it fail, but do you want that liability personally?
AE074FD0-73B3-4E93-9DBB-20EF4D6A4290.jpeg

If I had this setup, I’d want to swap it out. In the meantime I’d inspect it closely for cracks and indicators of failure. and get it working right. Then keep in mind amd not tow extra weight or drive like a nut.

They were on the FJ when I got it front and rear I took every thing apart and inspected the calipers probably will have to replace No I`m not going to drive like a nut I`m an old man in a wheel chair Thx Buz

Anybody have pics of the GM front calipers on a 75 FJ40
What do you need pics for? They should be pretty easy to re-assemble and re-install.

Any generic pics from the Internet would probably work. Mounting on the bracket, they will only go on one way.

What do you need pics for? They should be pretty easy to re-assemble and re-install.

Any generic pics from the Internet would probably work. Mounting on the bracket, they will only go on one way.
NO don`t need any pics Buz

lots of early 40s have the GM front and rear disk conversion. pads are easy, stock GM pads. What issue are you having? where are you in Fl.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom