1975 brake master cylinder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 75 40 brakes are not working, have to double pump them to get anything and then not much more than a hard pull to the left. This is changeover year for the brake system to front discs which I did not get. I replaced the master cylinder, but am pretty sure I ended up with the disc brake cylinder. Would this cause my issues? I have adjusted the pads already and bled the hell out of every line. Should i just order a 74 master cylinder and pop it on, will it fit on the booster?

NO

You should only order the correct Master fr
For your production year !

What brand master did u go with and where did you source it ?

Aftermarket ones have issues

Please let me know I can make a better recommendation ?

A disc brake master will probably not have the correct residual valves for a drum brake system, but i bet the problem of pulling to one side is in the wheels. A sticky brake cylinder not retracting all the way or oil on a shoe.
Do you still have your old master? You can swap residual valves to your new master. But take off the drums and look for problems at rhe wheels.

Bleeding can be a bit tricky, etc. Sometimes when pumping the pedal, air can be let in thru the bleeder threads, and folks get around this issue with Teflon tape. Having a buddy pump and hold the brake might help you bleed, only when the system is pressurized. If the shoe isn't adjusted correctly, you might have problems too.

Mine is a '75, with drums. I replaced the master cylinder with an Aisin, IIRC?

Let's see the master cylinder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom