1975 BJ40 VIN location info. make my roadtrip easier! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
greetings from Honduras!

OK. I´ve got a 1975 BJ40 with a B series diesel, and everything is A OK, except for one small detail. Where I think the VIN plate should be on the drivers side door pillar, isn´t there. I looked on the firewall on the inside of the cab and the engine compartment firewall with no luck. I was also looking for the S/N on the engine itself and couldn´t seem to find it. I saw a ´B´ stamped on the block on the drivers side, but not a whole lot else.

Does anyone know of an additional spot where this info may be located. The more detailed the better...

Had a MAJOR problem convincing the Honduras Border guy that all my paperwork was cool (which it is) and it cost an extra 80 bucks to cross into Honduras...nothing a few 20´s couldnt help with.

Anyway...driving to the US from costa rica in an old LC thats tough as nails and loving every minute of it.

Thanks for any and all help. If I happen to pass by your neck of the woods on my way back to NY I´ll buy you a 12 pack of your favorite beer!

Thanks,
Jim

Howdy! I thought all 40 series had the SN stamped into the frame on the right side, forward of the shock tower. I know my 72 FJ40 did and my current 76 FJ55 both do. John

Ditto should have stamp on the frame and a plate on the fire wall to the right looking straight on from the grill,is this Aussie or JDM.

VIN location top right corner
100_0430.jpg

Found Frame Stamp

Thanks guys. Just after posting I shuffeled back to the truck and found the stamp on the frame. Thankfully it matches (phew) and at least I've got something to point out during border crossings.

It seems that the firewall stamp should be obvious as all hell going off the picture there, but I still can't find it....guessing it's just gone.

Thanks for the help and I guess I'll keep poking around in there to see what I come up with.

A million thanks...
Jim

I don't know about your BJ40 but the FJ40 still had the VIN plate on the right side fender below the battery in my early 76 (9/75) I know by 78 it was back on the fire wall. Around 66 or 67 it switched from the firewall to the fender and then by 78 it was back on the firewall.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom