1974 FJ40 Part Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.madtripper.com
I have a January 1974 40 that is completely torn down and I'm looking to part it out. I have most everything with the exception of the tub and I plan to keep the front and rear axles and possibly the leaf springs. Other than that, its all up for grabs. I did start a shackle reversal so the frame is partially modded but in decent shape except the rear corner supports.

Engine is on a stand, around 78K if I remember correctly. I painted the valve cover and replaced the gasket and also replaced the oil pan gasket. It has been sitting for 10 or more years however I randomly turn the crank by hand to keep it from rusting in place.

The carb is a holley or weber (can't remember) and the headers are Hooker Super Competition. They are pretty long and two piece. The exhaust was dual with mufflers on both sides all the way back.

If someone wants the whole thing, $750 takes it less the axles and leaf packs. Otherwise, shoot me an email with what you are looking for and I'll try to dig it up and work out a fair price.

madtripper @ deadspacesociety.com (take the spaces out for my address) Please use my email as I only check the board a few times a week. If you want pictures of something specific, please let me know. In the meantime, check this gallery out but some of the images are older, in other words, the engine is not on a rolling chassis.

http://www.madtripper.com/gallery/v/Various/landcruiser/

Located in the Northeast corner of Pennsylvania, 18844. Binghamton NY is about an hour north and Scranton PA is about 45 minutes south.

Last edited:
I need some windshield hinges....pictures pls....

Sorry about that, the link didn't show up in my initial post. Let me look through and see if their are any specific of the hood.

Tripper

PM sent

PM Replied. Like I mentioned in my original post, you are probably better off using the email option.

Tripper

front fenders, bib and lights

email sent

Thanks

Dan

I just got back from Dallas. I'll work on the items requested throughout this week and respond accordingly.

Chris

I'm quite sure I do. Shoot me an email when you get a moment. I plan on pulling anything requested over the last week during the upcoming weekend.

Chris

Thanks for everyones patience. I should have pictures finished up tonight and respond via email or pm.

Tripper

I have updated pictures in my gallery. I also am working on responding to the requests I've had so far.

Tripper

is the top still there or no i have a 1975 Fj 40 that i was givin as a gift and ive been working on it lil by lil over the year so i need a top just thout i would ask

I have one other person that is interested in the top. If it falls through, I'll shoot you a pm.

Looks like the bib is on its way out. I have the fenders with turn signals. There are pictures of them added to the gallery and they are a bit rough but original and workable. I don't want to give anyone wrong impressions so please ask detailed questions and I'll do my best with the camera.

Some other items not spoken for:

- factory roll bar
- fenders
- aprons with emblems
- front heater
- engine
- hooker super competition headers and mufflers (true dual setup)
- intake and Holley carb
- coolant bottle
- radiator
- tail light assembly's
- hood
- doors (some rust on these but workable)
- rear "Toyota" wrap emblem

There is more but those are some items I was tripping over while diggin other parts out. I'll make someone a good deal to take everything except the few items I want to keep if they are interested.

Chris

Fuel separator and shield - SOLD
Ashtray, front markers, speedo, glove box shipping tomorrow so they are SOLD as well.

Chris

how about a hardtop ????? maybe ??

The hard top has two people in front of you. It is pretty rough but not horrible. I'm going to upload some pictures this weekend and if the other two fall through, you're next in line.

Chris

roll bars

R u willing to ship the bars with pads and how much? 79762

I have no idea how much shipping would be for that because of the size. Let me see what I can do to get them down to a manageable size and try and figure it out. Shoot me an email and we'll go from there.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom