1974 FJ40 -- I couldn't wait (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.bulldogoffroad.com
I have a project 40 that I have no time to finish.
So, when I sold my pig, I decided to buy this so I can wheel now.

Nothing like a little instant gratification.

1974 Electronic Ignition, Warn 8274, 4 inch lift (revolvers soon to make an exit), locked front and rear, full cage tied to frame., Disc front, Power Steering and the best part IT RUNS LIKE A WATCH.

Has a little rust in the rear corners that will soon be removed.

Here are some pics.
Drivers side.jpg

Passenger side 2.jpg

Front bumper with 8274.jpg
Drivers side.jpg
Passenger side 2.jpg
Front bumper with 8274.jpg

wow man, that's a nice built 40, but what the deal with the rear shackle hanger:confused:

wow man, that's a nice built 40, but what the deal with the rear shackle hanger:confused:

Buckethead probably doesn't eat carrots and therefore probably can't see as well in the dark as me so I'll tell you what I think the answer is Badass!

I think they are "scissor shackles" that allow the axle to drop further (for extended wheel travel)

:cheers:

the revolver shackles -- I do not like them. Some people say they are great. I am not one of those people. These will be taken off soon and sold to whomever wants them.

Nice looking cruiser, looks ready to wheel. :clap:

Oh I like this one.

Nice Truck!

Your truck looks great! I like the olive drab paint.

What month was yours manufactured? The '74 FJ's engine is a bastard F/2F engine or a 1.5F. :) You should be happy that it runs like a top. They are pretty rare.

I have a '74 too, unfortunately my engine died basically right after I had bought it and I upgraded to a 2F. Thankfully, I got a good deal on it. :D Mine has a black bezel too, was that a paint option from Toyota that year are something? I would like to know.

Also, what part of east bama do you live?

Good Luck and have fun!

Your truck looks great! I like the olive drab paint.

What month was yours manufactured? The '74 FJ's engine is a bastard F/2F engine or a 1.5F. :) You should be happy that it runs like a top. They are pretty rare.

I have a '74 too, unfortunately my engine died basically right after I had bought it and I upgraded to a 2F. Thankfully, I got a good deal on it. :D Mine has a black bezel too, was that a paint option from Toyota that year are something? I would like to know.

Also, what part of east bama do you live?

Good Luck and have fun!

Im not sure what month it was manufactured -- I have never looked.
I have 2 2f motors on standby if something were to happen with this one. I HOPE NOTHING DOES.

My bezel is now white, and It had been painted by the PO. The exterior was camo at one time and now the od green. the interior is still light blue as it was from the factory -- a great combo :D

I am in Anniston Alabama

Glad to see Barry's rig is going to get some use:grinpimp:

Good luck.

So, essentially, you dumped a perfectly good Pig for a younger, trimmer rig...Midlife crises or somethin'?
Dollars to doughnuts you're gonna regret it the first time you try to pack for anything more than a lite weekend wheel...
Those old big boned gals may not be as cute and sexy as a younger 40, but they carry their weight well.
I predict that as soon as the honeymoon is over with that gorgeous new thing, you're going to be longing for the old Pig, remembering how you used to cram tons of junk into her rear, (And she'd take it in the rear, wouldn't she? She'd take it in the rear and ask for more...) You'll be wishin' for that extra legroom (unless, you're, like, well, SHORT). You'll be thinking of that loooong wheelbase and wishin' your 40 had a wheelbase like that...you'll be thinking of putting your new babe under the knife to give her a wheelbase CLOSE to what came stock on Miss Piggie..Mmmmmm nothing like wrapping your hands around the wheel of a looooong wheelbased honey.
You had your chance, dude. Now she's with some other guy, and he's treating her real well. She's not coming back to you.
So, go enjoy your new ride. Heck, drive topless!, in public!, if it turns you on...fold down that windshield if you like it rough. You'll never find a rig like your first Pig...they're just so grateful for being given the chance to perform...and they're always there for ya... at least you've got the memories. and the pics to prove to your buddies that you were once intimate with her. (Wow, dude, you used to drive HER!?! WHAT HAPPENED?). Then you can tell the story of the flash-in-the-pan cute 40 that stole your heart for a summer...and the unending quest to find a replacement for the perfect Pig you once had...

Pighead
TLCA 2509
One Pig, 21 years. She's not getting older, She's getting better...

So, essentially, you dumped a perfectly good Pig for a younger, trimmer rig....... flash-in-the-pan cute 40 that stole your heart for a summer...and the unending quest to find a replacement for the perfect Pig you once had...Pighead
TLCA 2509...One Pig, 21 years. She's not getting older, She's getting better...

Now there's a real "pouring out of emotions" if I ever heard one. But some of those emotions seem somewhat misplaced. (It is machines with wheels and a motors that we're talking about?) :eek::eek:

Sorry to say this Pighead - But your psychological problems are worse than mine. (And that's really saying something!) I think Woody should employ a resident psychiatrist to PM soothing words to those of us most in need. Like Y-O-U.

:D

I am glad that it has gone to someone that can finish it. (I was unable to do so) I also have another pig, it is very rusty, but I have it none the less, and I have an 80, and another 40 and will most likely buy another pig sometime in the future.
Definitely not a midlife crisis (I'm 28, I pray that I haven't reached MID yet). I look forward to seeing what my old pig turns into.

So, essentially, you dumped a perfectly good Pig for a younger, trimmer rig...Midlife crises or somethin'?
Dollars to doughnuts you're gonna regret it the first time you try to pack for anything more than a lite weekend wheel...
Those old big boned gals may not be as cute and sexy as a younger 40, but they carry their weight well.
I predict that as soon as the honeymoon is over with that gorgeous new thing, you're going to be longing for the old Pig, remembering how you used to cram tons of junk into her rear, (And she'd take it in the rear, wouldn't she? She'd take it in the rear and ask for more...) You'll be wishin' for that extra legroom (unless, you're, like, well, SHORT). You'll be thinking of that loooong wheelbase and wishin' your 40 had a wheelbase like that...you'll be thinking of putting your new babe under the knife to give her a wheelbase CLOSE to what came stock on Miss Piggie..Mmmmmm nothing like wrapping your hands around the wheel of a looooong wheelbased honey.
You had your chance, dude. Now she's with some other guy, and he's treating her real well. She's not coming back to you.
So, go enjoy your new ride. Heck, drive topless!, in public!, if it turns you on...fold down that windshield if you like it rough. You'll never find a rig like your first Pig...they're just so grateful for being given the chance to perform...and they're always there for ya... at least you've got the memories. and the pics to prove to your buddies that you were once intimate with her. (Wow, dude, you used to drive HER!?! WHAT HAPPENED?). Then you can tell the story of the flash-in-the-pan cute 40 that stole your heart for a summer...and the unending quest to find a replacement for the perfect Pig you once had...

Pighead
TLCA 2509
One Pig, 21 years. She's not getting older, She's getting better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom