1974 FJ40 for sale locally (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Very clean 1974 FJ40 FST. Very little surface rust on the frame (see pics), and the body is in great condition except for the blems in the pictures and stated above. The previous owner had the factory color copied and rattle canned the truck when the stock paint had faded, this is the reason you will see blue overspray on the frame in the pictures. The well below the fuel tank has untouched stock baby blue paint and zero rust as does the underside of the fuel tank cover. Interior was self done rhino lined but wasn't prepped well so it peels and should be easier than most to remove should you plan a restoration. Seats were recovered with boat seat material to ease cleaning. Old Man Emu 2.5" lift with 33/9.50/15 BFG A/T's Brake booster hisses but still works and brakes at all four corners work well. It runs and drives, gauge picture was taken after idling for 30 minutes to show it at operating temp. and the presence of oil pressure. Mileage is believed to be original, and is stated as such on the title. The pictures and condition of the undercarriage should speak volumes. All pictures are taken with a Cannon high resolution camera and are not photo chopped. The Reserve is set at a reasonable price for the overall condition of this cruiser. Front rocker arm seems to be starving for oil which was noticed during a valve adjustment. All steering tie rod ends were replaced recently. Front wheel bearings were checked, presence of gear oil was noticed which is usually lack of an R&R in its life. Wiper motor harness is in the box of assorted parts that came with this FJ40 as are defrost deflectors and heater hard lines. Also Distributor was updated to HEI. In present condition "I" would hook the heater lines back up, do a front wheel bearing R&R, replace or rebuild the brake booster, address the rocker oiling issue, and drive it on nice days until I had an opportunity to properly restore it.

Only thing I added since acquiring it were the stock wheels with BFG 33/9.50/15's that came off of my next project, Troll hole carb to diog a running issue, and the non FST tire carrier that I cut a little section from to clear the hinge.

$6500

Added the link here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...cks&hash=item4ac79f1469&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1182

Last edited:
pics ?

Doors are still in my garage, they sat in the sun for a bit and had weathered. I was thinking about refinishing them. They kinda grow on ya.

Congrats Tony! Saw you bettered your projection on your auction. Mo $$ is mo bedder. Nice.

Hadn't followed the auction but glad you did much better than those low ballers who were senting emails saying that 40 wouldn't worth more than a couple grand here in AZ.

Kinda bummed though, the new owner told me plans of a SR and other mods that I personally would save for something thats already a little cut up. I should have taken the 5k offer and i'd know its headed to a better home. Can I back out of an ebay sale?? It's like finding out your daughter is dating a guy with tattoos and a blue mohawk..

I'm still happy to make a trade for my project. And I will love that '74 like it was my 1st.

wait, what ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:D I know this guy who it's happened to, dads hate blue mohawks and tattoos in the same place as their daughters, kinda like stock un cut non rusty land cruisers hate torches and welders..

I'm still happy to make a trade for my project. And I will love that '74 like it was my 1st.

I would love to, but I have a list of projects that is growing too long and taking on another project right now is daunting, timing is not good on this. I would love a diesel 60 to swap all my 62 running gear under, plus the full floater that they come stock with is a bonus...

Edit: Good ebay buyer, exactly what he was looking for and only upgrading to power steering and disc brakes. Watch for it on mud.

Last edited:
:eek:

Kevin, I do too, but I can't have every cool tool yet, and learning with a torch teaches "disciprin" (with the south park karate teacher voice) :D

Great buyer, his build will be on Mud eventually. For his :princess: so it will get disc up front and power steering, but he is keeping it stock otherwise and will paint it the factory color and sounds like he will be sourcing bows and a top too. He basically recited the thread on the top end oiling issues with the F motors when pushed at higher RPM to me, so I got a great feeling he knows what he is getting and he is pumped on the reflector holes being there (how he knew the quarters were as good as I stated). :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom