For Sale 1974 FJ40 F 155 Complete Engine SD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Habits

Sure... why not
Threads
SOLD

Up for sale is a F 155 engine out of a 1974 FJ40. The engine had a lower end knock but I never dropped the oil pan to see what the problem was. It ran at the time it was removed and is very complete with all the smog still there. The engine is located in Rapid City SD.

$200 and it comes complete from the fan to the 4 speed bell housing. I am willing to ship.

Last edited:
Price?

I want this. I have a request in to Fastenal for a quote. I am also interested in a package deal on most of the engine if I can't get the whole thing here reasonably.

Mark

Got your PM. Leave me a message at the shop with your number and I'll call you back on my break this afternoon and wrap this up.

Mark

Let me know when you've got this on a pallet and ready to ship. i've got some black out days coming up, and want to make sure I'm gonna be at the shop when it arrives.

Mike

Picked up the pallet from Yellow Freight on my way in to work today. Here's what it looked like AS I RECEIVED IT:
image.jpg image.jpg
As you can see from the pics, the crate was upended, and the parts left attached to the passenger side of the block didn't fare too well.

I opened the crate as-is, not wanting to potentially damage anything any further from what it took to get to this position. With the exception of a minor bend in the TP of the carb (easily fixable) everything inside the crate was intact.

So I unpack the crate, moved it out of the way, and this is what I found:
image.jpg
I have never lost an oil pan in transit. I have had motors sitting in the back of the shop... for25 years ...on their oil pans, without incident. This motor was obviously dropped. A disappointment for sure. It looks like it WAS a good pan.

Other than that, I am VERY happy with this purchase. thank you for your patience in stripping the motor down and crating. Based on what happened to the pan, it only underscores my reasoning for doing this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom