1974 FJ40 Calipers what year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.valorbound.com
Being that the 1974 40 series did not float over here with disc brakes, someone has installed something custom and since there are more than one way to put disc brakes on the front axle of these vehicles, you should probably post up a couple pictures of your current caliper and rotor combination so that your caliper can be identified and the correct suggestion made as to what you should purchase for a replacement....

:beer:

ok will do thx!

Poser, your answers are sometimes so classic.

Pictures please tell me what you think i need to order new calipers

Ok so what year are these suckers???

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

posted the pics take a look i see a wierd stamp then a 7 6 not sure if that means its a 76 oddly enough its easy to see in the photo not so easy to see on the actualy caliper.

Groovy, vented rotors.

Land Cruiser disc brake rotors and calipers.

Order calipers for a 1980 40 series and you will be fine.

:beer:

Strictly going on the backing plate/dust shield, that component is from 08/75-07/80 as you can remove the junction block bolted to the back of the shield for the hose from the axle and tube to the caliper.

08/80 and later were held in place by two rivets and only had one bolt holding the other ear on, because of the stiffener bracket that is held on by the caliper bolts and bolts to the top and bottom of the shield.

But unless you post up pictures of the rotor/wheel bearing hub assembly without the wheel spacers, I will not be able to tell you what year your rotors are. (08/75-07/80 or 08/80-01/90)

Last edited:
youre the best thx man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom