1974 FJ-40 valuation by state (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Helipilot

SILVER Star
Threads
Just got a letter back from the state of Arkansas assigning a value to the '74 FJ40 I am getting a bonded title for. They assigned a value of $27,000.00 to it. That has got to be a mistake, but I just got home and opened the mail. Thought you guys would like to see that value.

Do you have to pay a tax on that evaluation?

Got a letter back from the state of Arkansas assigning a value to the '74 FJ40 I am getting a bonded title for. They assigned a value of $27,000.00 to it. That has got to be a mistake. Thought you guys would like to see that value.

The state of Virginia valued my 1980 FJ40 at $100. That's what I pay personal property tax on.

Now they will probably charge you a fee based on that valuation. :(

Got a letter back from the state of Arkansas assigning a value to the '74 FJ40 I am getting a bonded title for. They assigned a value of $27,000.00 to it. That has got to be a mistake. Thought you guys would like to see that value.

We get taxed on sale... We register each year... Get inspection each year... I hope I don't have to pay a valuation as well one day... That whole mileage tax garbage pops up every so often ...

One day I am going to be paying more in fees and taxes than my truck is actually worth... I think I am starting to feel like a lib... They all think America sucks... They are trying to make us feel what they have been feeling for years...

I am going to have to find ways to make my truck run richer ... Smoke worse... Leak more... And rust parts to fall on their prius

That will teach them to mess with the FSP's

Those prius drivers are kidding themselves that they are saving money. Friend of mine has one. The other day his driver side headlight would not come on. If it were an FJ40 you'd buy a $10 headlight or figure out a wiring issue. His bill....$600. The circuit board controlling the lights was bad. There goes a lot of gas savings.

Yea, my wife opened the letter and read it to me as I am out of state. I will go down to the Department of Finance and Accounting when I get back. I thought a couple of grand at the most since it needed a lot of work.

When I looked into a bonded title a few years ago, the bond would need to be for the highest bluebook value for the vehicle. It was a 1970 55 series, back then it would have been between $11,000 and $12,000. I also couldn't sell it for 3 years. Then I would get a clear title in my name and could do as I pleased with it. After some searching I finally found the last owner and we were able to get things worked out.

We deal with bonded titles in Washington, and, while you do need to bond to the highest value of the vehicle, condition really is everything - in short, don't take your finished car to the VIN inspection. Here, they require a motor and trans in the shell - however, it doesn't have to run... and that is really important because our private licensing office make a profit on the valuation... have a State Police officer saying "it's junk" for value goes a long way to avoiding the $9000 valuation they put on a car that I had paid $300 for and done nothing to prior to titling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom