craigslist 1973 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER SUV - Rover Dealer in Seattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Oh I love a dealer selling an FJ40.. "SUV", "Wagon", "FJ Cruiser" they just never seem to care to get it right
except for the price (too right.. $20k or more over). Rarely an engine pic too. Who knows maybe this has an R2.8 in it?

Who really knows what's under the hood, or the history, or what it will be like when
you call to figure any of that out.

Not Mine $46,950

-------------------------------------

00000_gR33mVaXosn_0ak06S_1200x900  1.jpg

00F0F_jW5HOT6V8qj_0ak06S_1200x900  5.jpg

00g0g_l6AxloQyHFp_0ak06T_1200x900  4.jpg

00k0k_1fwvDotDvFB_0ak06S_1200x900  2.jpg

00l0l_at71Cc9rFLD_0ak06T_1200x900 3.jpg

Last edited:
more

00E0E_5M0gN6CJleB_0ak06S_1200x900  6.jpg

00m0m_gmZsZ048XTW_0ak06S_1200x900 8.jpg

00Y0Y_7fRAT3UVwmf_0ak06S_1200x900 10.jpg

00505_gsEvrdf8s8S_0ak06S_1200x900 9.jpg

00606_62Dj1TZF9vI_0ak06S_1200x900  7.jpg

Glad they put "YELLOW" in big caps in the description, otherwise I would not have been able to tell.

Glad they put "YELLOW" in big caps in the description, otherwise I would not have been able to tell.

lol, right let's put emphasis on the most important part of the FJ

Very clean looking but way too yellow and too chrome for me.

Rarely an engine pic too. Who knows maybe this has an R2.8 in it?

This is Land Rover of Bellevue. A very affluent area. So I am guessing that no one has ever asked them for pics of the engine bay on 99% of their inventory.

That being said, I am guessing they have never sold or rarely see a "classic" and like you said, have no idea that a buyer of this would be more interested in pics of the frame and engine bay than the shiny interior and paint. 😅

The frame and the entire inside of tub looks rhino lined or something. Also, the wheel wells look like they’re made of diamond plate. But it’s got that overhead tach so that 350 must be strong!
Some rich parents will buy it at full price for their high school kid I’m sure.

Whenever you see these being sold standing out of place with the dealership model line, makes you wonder just how much they gave the seller as trade-in towards the spanking new Land Rover, Jeep, whatever.

It's certainly comforting to read that you're safe buying from this dealer: "We pride ourselves in our attention to detail" such as focusing on the chrome and the YELLOW paint, 'cause we all know those items surely make you go faster and add tremendous amounts of value to the purchase. Impressive ad-copy--so very "detailed" !

73 with 75+ doors (all four), a Canadian post 1981 hardtop, late model heater, and no tire carrier and a roll bar and jump seats that don't match the year either. This isn't worth 10k with the guaranteed rust and thousand pounds of bondo on top of it... Plus the fact that it is a frankenstein makes it even harder to justly even 10k.

That said, it's at a Rover dealer so some poor sucker will buy it, come to this forum, maybe even find this thread, and realize he got duped.

I called them for fun, salesperson told me it was in the owners "personal collection" and she thought he'd never sell it lol. I think she was serious. I asked for more pictures, just to see.

73 with 75+ doors (all four), a Canadian post 1981 hardtop, late model heater, and no tire carrier and a roll bar and jump seats that don't match the year either. This isn't worth 10k with the guaranteed rust and thousand pounds of bondo on top of it... Plus the fact that it is a frankenstein makes it even harder to justly even 10k.

That said, it's at a Rover dealer so some poor sucker will buy it, come to this forum, maybe even find this thread, and realize he got duped.
Sound more like .. 73 vin tag was placed on 75+ truck. Wondering if the frame vin number merge..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom