1973 rear heater hose routing?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone explain how the rear heater hoses route after the brass hard pipes? I'm replacing mine (original hoses were shot) and I can't remember how they route past the last mounting clamp (under the center console). The thing that's confusing me is the little drain cock. The hole in the floor for the drain tube is right next to the step up in the floor so it doesn't make sense how the hose routes as it would cause a kink in the hose. Of course I tossed the old hoses already (how hard can it be to route 2 hoses??) so I don't have them to use as a template. I can take pictures of what I'm referring to if needed. Thanks.

If someone has a picture of the factory heater hoses under the center console that would be awesome. I need a pic of the stock setup with the little drain cock....that's the part I'm not understanding.

Maybe this image will help.

ME4363C[1].png

@B y r o n Thanks for the pic. The middle example is what I'm dealing with. From the looks of the picture the little hose that comes off the drain cock lays on the floor and then exits through the drain hole. I "thought" for some reason when I removed my original stuff the little drain cock was directly over the hole, but now that I'm installing the new hoses (2 months later) it just isn't making sense.....

1673303417114.png

Some pics here.

thanks for the link to that thread @rainingagain . It makes me want to start modifying.... :)

After a few conversations with different FJ40 owners I think I'm going to leave the drain cock out of my system. I'll of course hang onto it just in case I decide to do a 100 point restoration some day, but the risk of leaks and the uselessness of it seem to justify not worrying about installing it in the new hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom