1973 FJ40 vacuum switching valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a 1973 FJ40 that I am in the process of making road legal and a reliable DD. I have looked in a lot of places for a VSV, all I can find is VSV's for older late 60's and very early 70's cruisers, or VSV's meant for a 2F engine, my cruiser has an F engine. I may have found them on sor.com, but without any pictures, it is hard to verify if it is a compatible part of my vehicle. I have found a VSV in the first picture (VSV for the 69'-71' model year). And in the second picture (VSV for the 77'-79' model year with the 2F engine). But mine, in the third picture, is a small black box that is slimmer than the one of the 77'-79' with the 2F engine. Spector off-road, as mentioned above, does have them, but I would like to see if I have any other options before I go and purchase it from Spector. All help is appreciated, thanks!
s-l300.jpg
vsv.jpg
Photo on 4-11-20 at 2.15 PM.jpg

I have a box of those, all more reasonably priced than SOR. You are welcome to call me at my shop to discuss.

www.marksoffroad.net

But honestly, Id be surprised if it was ‘required’ to make it road legal, unless you live in a state that requires the smog pump too. Virtually nothing to gain, and potentially quite a bit to lose with a 47 year old vacuum retard distributor and ABV.

yeah, this isn't for making it road legal, it isn't running quite right and mine has a broken off little barb connector that one of the vacuum lines hook up to. I will have to check it out, thanks.

I will probably run it without the VSV and cap off all the connections going to it, probably doesn't need it on the cruiser anyways, or at least for the time being. It needs a new carb before anything else.

What is it doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom