1973 FJ40 Head rest?

Little search brought up pictures of the correct headrests for 73-75 models
DSC_0440.JPG
IMG_00002148.jpg
1667407121474.png

@Living in the Past Ah yes....the illusive unicorn of headrests. 😁 So does anyone actually have one of these mythical creatures in their possession? I'm sure I couldn't afford it, but maybe I could attempt to recreate it? I've been designing it in my head and have ideas but I'm wondering if someone on here actually owns one or two of these that could provide pictures and dimensions?

I have the 'unicorn' headrests on my rig. Bought them from Mud classifieds, iirc.

They are just slightly different than the later ones, as far as center-to-center on the space between posts. Probably easier to just do later seats (my headrest doesn't match (too much environmental wear), particularly if you already are planning on a three-point-seatbelt-look?

@Living in the Past Ah yes....the illusive unicorn of headrests. 😁 So does anyone actually have one of these mythical creatures in their possession? I'm sure I couldn't afford it, but maybe I could attempt to recreate it? I've been designing it in my head and have ideas but I'm wondering if someone on here actually owns one or two of these that could provide pictures and dimensions?

Hard to believe a cruiser that a PO butchered the dash like this could still have all the treasures still with it. Even came with the radio delete plate.
IMG_20200923_120956535.jpg

I removed the headrests shortly after buying it in 1994. They are stored in the climate controlled environment. Will be a while until I have access to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom