1973 fj40 Carb rebuilder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Happy Monday!

My ‘73 currently has a Weber DGAV 33B1 unit on it.

Can anyone recommend one of the vendors or forum members on IH8MUD rebuild carburetors or sell rebuilt units?

I’d prefer to support the Landcruiser vendors/community than Amazon or Flea-bay. Not to mention I’d have more piece of mind knowing it’s the correct replacement part.

Appreciate any feedback you’re willing to share!

Thanks!

Brandon

6997F5B7-32F5-4B82-A075-F706B17254BC.jpeg

67F47C68-B056-4F28-A54F-695F5BBFB725.jpeg

E87E73D8-BE8D-40EF-9265-B51C6342BC65.jpeg

319ABFBA-2AE1-45C4-B198-B8C1688AE7B3.jpeg

7AB62935-84A2-4045-B9BF-E2408358D678.jpeg

*crickets

Do I smell bad and no one wants to talk to me or something? LOL.

Surely there is a “carb” guy or gal on the forum somewhere that rebuilds and/or sells them right?

Or is that the forums way of saying “your best bet is to just order a replacement on Amazon”?

Would be grateful for any feedback.

Thanks!

BR

There are some carb guys here but as far as I know they just do Land Cruiser carbs. That is enough to keep them busy. P.S. don't buy the Chinese knock offs. You will get what you pay for. If you want a Cruiser carb rebuilt I would recommend Jim Chenoweth, FJ40Jiim (he hasn't been on the forum for awhile - he said it was taking up too much time because he wanted to help everyone). His shop is TLC Performance.

Call Mark @65swb45
Marks Off-road,
(No email only phone)
Burbank, CA
(818) 953-9230

*crickets

Do I smell bad and no one wants to talk to me or something? LOL.

Surely there is a “carb” guy or gal on the forum somewhere that rebuilds and/or sells them right?

Or is that the forums way of saying “your best bet is to just order a replacement on Amazon”?

Would be grateful for any feedback.

Thanks!

BR

I think the issue is it being a Weber, the 2 guys who do stock carbs may or may not touch it.

3 puppies is right, Weber carbs are not highly prized here. This is more of a purist forum. Best advice I could give is to order new or rebuilt from Marks Off-road or City Racer. I have a Weber on my fj40 and I will go back to OEM at some point. Webers take lots of tuning to get right and they work fine when they are tuned properly but never work as well as a OEM AIsin carb on these motors. You can rebuild yours or take to a local shop but here most will push you toward OEM carbs from one of these proven vendors.

By the way, welcome to the forum and don’t take the responses or a lack thereof too personal. Everyone here is super helpful but also brutally honest.

I would haunt the classifieds until you find a correct 73 Aisan carb. Then buy a manual, rebuild kit, a can of carb dip, and rebuild it yourself. Understanding how your 40 runs is a requirement if you want to drive and enjoy it. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom