Wanted 1973 FJ40 Back-Up Light Lense (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 73 FJ40 with it's unique back-up light. I have the housing, but not the actual lense for it. I crafted one out of plastic, but who knows how long that will last. Anyone out there have an extra lense for a reasonable price? Don DeTar

DSCN9318.JPG

They are quickly becoming unobtainium!
Borrowed quote from years ago, here on mud.
If its not a restoration. Take careful measurements and or the housing down to the auro parts or even wally world.
A$20.00 running light lense and dremel will do very nicely.

You know I actually did take measurements and started looking on-line, but I think taking the actual lens into an actual store to compare is a great idea. I also thought about 3-D printing. But I don't think that technology is quite there yet....

Thanks,

Don

Not sure how they would work but some old driving/fog lights look pretty close. I have box full of old lights I will have to check next time I get the place I storeand see how they compare to the 73 OEM backup light. There is also a thread in the 40/55 tech section a while back on how a guy used some aftermarket lens and a piece of plastic to keep the housing and use the aftermarket lens.

I would supply you pictures but my Cruiser is several thousand miles away.
simply found a cheap glass lensed running light/foglight that the lense fit within the Landcruiser bezel. "Machined" the plastic running light bezel to fit snuggly within the TLC part. assembly was a breeze. No issues for several years now.
Bonus: they come in pairs, so you have a backup and most come with a swtch and relay. The relay ended up being identicle to the arb comp.relay. triple score!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom