1973 cluster wiring?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to figure out the wiring on my cluster for a late 1973 Fj40. It’s not the circuit board type so I can’t find a schematic drawing it. Any help would be appreciated. Looking at the face it’s oil, fuel,temp, smps

My 2/73 gauges matches your setup. 9/72-9/73 was a one year only instrument cluHad the turn indicators in the speedometer face but still used the earlier plugs for wiring. Up 9/72 turn indicators were separate lights in the dash. 9/73+ used a single round plug and printed board for the wiring except the amp gauge.

@Living in the Past is right. Sounds like a 5 bulb cluster. The crossover year with the better gauges and speedo but no circuit board.

I think I have a schematic of what wires go from the cluster to the plugs. Is that what wiring help you are looking for? I can look for it if that will help.

Here is the diagram I think it makes sense but let me know if you have any questions.

5 bulb wiring diagram.JPG

I have a 73 schematic if you need it. Iirc it was a one off year for electrics. I can email it. I have a laminated one on the shop wall.....i think it is a '73 my 40s have been franks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom