1972 FJ55 Project w/ 4BD2T and 700r4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
usacac.army.mil
BUY ME OR TRADE 1972 FJ55 Project w/ 4BD2T and 700r4 --$4.7k OBO--

Pig is currently located in Visalia south of Fresno, CA. Not interested in any projects, I'm remodeling a house and don't have time or desire to add to the list of things I need to do. This Pig still has a ways to go before it's road ready but it has a lot of potential.

There is more information and older photos on the build thread: The first post gives all the details on the truck.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-iron-pig-preservation-society/167575-1972-bdj55-t-resto-mod.html

The plan was an Isuzu diesel powered automatic Pig with a wider and taller stance. The engine is in place along with the axles, however there are issues. Either the engine or the front axle is in the wrong location because the front driveshaft will hit the oil pan. Estimate having to move the axle about 4" to resolve this problem

The photos make it look like it has a lot of rust which it does but most of it is surface rust. The lower 1/3 of each fender need replacing. The right front floorboard may need some work, it's been a long time since I saw the truck but I remember it being solid. The rust on the frame is all surface only. Tailgate has a couple of dents, some repaired some not but overall it's still solid.
This is what this Pig currently has on it or in it. I'm sure there are other parts in there but this is the big stuff that I know of for sure.

DRIVETRAIN
Engine: 1995 4BD2T (76k miles when rebuilt after someone tried to drive it with gas in it, zero miles on rebuild)
Transmission: 700r4 (not sure of mileage came as part of package deal with the transfer case)
Transfer case: Split case from '85 FJ60 (not sure of mileage came as part of package deal with the transmission)
Engine/Transmission Adapters: From Isuzu Diesel Swappers but that website no longer exists.
Transmission/Transfer Case Adapters: AA
Transmission/Transfer Shifter Types/Locations: FJ62 Floor Shifter Driveshafts: FJ60
Torque Converter is brand new
Axles: FJ60 (zero miles on rebuild)

BRAKES:
Power Brake Master Cylinder and Booster: FJ60
Front discs with 4 Runner calipers (all new)
Rear Drum
Emergency brake: Fj60 (not installed)

SPRINGS:
SOR 2 1/2" HD kit with shocks (new)
Outboards/shackles RuffStuffSpecialties.com - Off-Road Fabrication Parts

STEERING:
P/S box from FJ60, steering column from a BJ60
Stabilizer: Rancho
Tilt Column: BJ60

ENGINE COMPARTMENT
Radiator Stock
A/C compressor
A/C condensor

INTERIOR:
Front Seats: Bucket from a 2001 Silverado (not mounted)
Back Seats: 50/50 Split from mid 90's Pathfinder(?)
One piece rubber floor mat
FJ62 Floor Shifter (gray)

A/C
FJ60 (not installed)
Fj55 (not factory type, not complete and not installed)

There is about $11k in parts (includes cost of truck) and $10k in labor (not that it matters). I'm open to reasonable offers.

Last edited:
ttt

Looking for some feedback from anyone interested. What kind of price do I need to be asking to generate interest in this?

I'm in no position to part this out a piece at a time but am considering parting it all out if I can get rid of most if not all of it at once. If you're interested in major components like the engine, tranny/tc, body etc... let me know. If I can get all that sold off to different folks at one time I may go that route.

If you want to put the project "on hold" until you get back from europe, you can park it at my place.

Since you are over seas, I can go and get it so you do not rack up storage fees, etc. When you come back, we can work on getting it to you.

Just an offer.

If you want to put the project "on hold" until you get back from europe, you can park it at my place.

Since you are over seas, I can go and get it so you do not rack up storage fees, etc. When you come back, we can work on getting it to you.

Just an offer.

Damn! It is offers like this that remind me what a great community the Land Cruiser community is!

Props to BOTH of you: one for serving our great country, the other for helping one of our own...

:cheers: (wish we had a flag smiley)

D'Animal-
Thanks for the offer, I will definitely keep it in mind. I'm just not sure if my next job will support side projects when I get back to the States. I will send you a separate PM to exchange phone numbers and such. Unfortunately with the amount of cash tied up in this it is affecting my car options for Germany. Thanks again and I'll contact you via PM.

PabloCruise-
Thanks and I couldn't agree with you more about how great the Landcruiser community is. My other passion, my MGB, doesn't have anywhere near the level of togetherness that I've felt here since Day One. You're right, we need to let Woody know he needs to add a flag Smiley on here.

Well I'm finally back in the States and now trying to get the house packed and lighten up the stable a little bit. The '89 is committed to sell, I imagine I'll be buying that back as soon as I'm back in the States. The only other one is the '06 Trailblazer which got rear-ended on Wednesday. Though not a fan of Trailblazers, having the trailer hitch saved it. My wife was sitting at a light when she got hit by a Mustang. Other than a little sore she's fine, the rear bumper got jacked up on the truck but the trailer hitch destroyed the Mustang. Radiator was partially wrapped around the engine. He wasn't even going fast enough to deploy the airbag and it got totaled. Go figure.

Awesome. Just Awesome

Thanks

D'Animal great thing your doing. Another example of why this country stays great despite all the challenges - external and internal.

No better group of guys anywhere than cruiser heads!

Help a buddy - help a stranger - Terrific!

Thanks much! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Three Cheers for D'Animal

D'Animal great thing your doing. Another example of why this country stays great despite all the challenges - external and internal.

No better group of guys anywhere than cruiser heads!

Help a buddy - help a stranger - Terrific!

Thanks much! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Three Cheers for D'Animal

+1. :clap:

Good on ya Dan. :)

What are the plans for the rig now? Is it still for sale?

Mark...

Dan-
Thanks again for picking it up and letting the Pig stay at your place. Your actions lifted a huge burden on my shoulders when I truly needed it. We're trying to get ourselves settled in here in Germany but a family living in a hotel room for the next few weeks is going to be brutal! It may be time for the youngest to go to military school, she's driving us all crazy!

andrew, I am considdering this. I just put this motor in my fj80 and love it. I may sell my fj60 that is my built crawler in favor of the diesel without smog. I will know in a few weeks.

I will get you some pictures of it.

cool, thanks Dan. if you could e-mail them to me at heavyfire@yahoo.com

you still have it at your place then i guess? that would give me a great excuse to come check out your bitchen 45!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom