For Sale 1972 FJ55 on CL (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RUSH55

SILVER Star
Threads
On Flagstaff CL

Obvious repaint with issues bubbling to the surface. It’ll need a serious “going over” before considering his “no lowballer” asking price.

27CA2F3B-82CA-4C8B-8F0C-C88493871E35.png

DCCAED8F-816D-4E3D-BECD-86CE11127CC0.png

1354DAD6-7320-45A9-A804-A87CB079A5A9.png

63F197A3-E2CC-4770-BCB9-24180A7FBAA9.png

Am I missing something as the add says $18,000.00. The $60-$100k is reference to these selling when fully restored.
Not sure if $18,000 is fair or not for the current position but not as crazy as $60k.

Pointing out that pigs sell for 60-100K was his attempt to make 18K sound like a bargain.
I think all of those prices are a bit optimistic but still wish him luck and hope he gets his 18K.

Doesn't matter how much they're worth, I'll keep mine a long time for several reasons:

1. Well....I just like it. Unique, simple, rugged, and high "smiles per mile" factor :cool:
2. The Iron Pig t-shirts and related swag are the best! :pig:
3. The sty on the MUD forum is soooooo much fun. 3 beer salute to the sty! :beer::beer: :beer:

I suppose there's value in those comps in that they provide inspiration and perhaps justify nudging the $5,000 budget line for Pig rebuilds. But I'm reminded of a long ago comment when we were impulse buying some artwork in Santa Fe and were told it'd be a good investment. My reply was that we were buying that particular piece because we liked it, not for possible future appreciation. Same with our Pig and especially the old Porsche along with a few other paintings and sculptures scattered around our place. They're still around decades later because we enjoy them and they and the memories give us pleasure, not as showpieces or "investments." Other than the Porsche, bought new long ago as a "fun" upgrade rather than any future appreciation potential but now insured for 15-20 times what we originally paid, I don't have any idea what the stuff is worth. If I had a nickel for every smile the Porsche has brought to my face over the last 50 years I'd have much more money than it'd bring on any BAT auction or anywhere else. For us, the value in the Pig is in the build experience, the adventures we've had in it and the people we've met along the way. If my high school Model A pickup never moves again after being parked in 1969, it's worth having it parked alongside the house just for the memories. Might finally get around to it now that I've cleared some garage space.

I suppose there's value in those comps in that they provide inspiration and perhaps justify nudging the $5,000 budget line for Pig rebuilds. But I'm reminded of a long ago comment when we were impulse buying some artwork in Santa Fe and were told it'd be a good investment. My reply was that we were buying that particular piece because we liked it, not for possible future appreciation. Same with our Pig and especially the old Porsche along with a few other paintings and sculptures scattered around our place. They're still around decades later because we enjoy them and they and the memories give us pleasure, not as showpieces or "investments." Other than the Porsche, bought new long ago as a "fun" upgrade rather than any future appreciation potential but now insured for 15-20 times what we originally paid, I don't have any idea what the stuff is worth. If I had a nickel for every smile the Porsche has brought to my face over the last 50 years I'd have much more money than it'd bring on any BAT auction or anywhere else. For us, the value in the Pig is in the build experience, the adventures we've had in it and the people we've met along the way. If my high school Model A pickup never moves again after being parked in 1969, it's worth having it parked alongside the house just for the memories. Might finally get around to it now that I've cleared some garage space.
Very well said! It's hard to let go of them 😪😕💔. I want Ole Red back 😫😩. Kidding she in good hands ✋.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom