SOLD 1972 fj55 (Medford Oregon) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've owned this truck for 15 years or so. Bought it back when they weren't worth a dime and modified it to suit my needs. I am offering two options: complete body and interior and title for $2500 or the whole darn thing for $5000.
Body: almost rust free, drivers rear corner has some rust through, dent in that same tail light area but I have a patch panel that would fix that part. I patched one hole in the floor years ago in the passenger rear floorboard. Probably a 4" by 12" patch. Gutters are clean, nice set of door panels from a 77. Two rear back seats, one is original and reupholstered, the other front and rear set are from the 77 with matching upholstery on them. Factory rubber floor mat rolled up in the back. Heater is complete and worked. Rear heater was sold off. All body mounts are good, rockers are good, front fenders and hood are good. Front clip is off and stored dry. Rear window worked when parked with a new gear. All windows roll up and down.
The 2nd option of taking the whole thing for $5k goes like this: frame has been modified to fit Chevy axles. Rear axle is a 14 bolt full floater with 5.13 gears, Detroit locker with a disc brake conversion, supported by long chevy springs.
I have two front axles for it. One is a big bearing chevy dana 44 8 lug with crossover steering, 5.13 gears, disc brakes, warn hubs and a lock rite locker. The other axle is a high pinion ford dana 44 stock, I was going to use the ford version had i needed a drivers drop transfer case. The front is 4" chevy lift springs. Wheels are aluminum 8 lug with a set of pro comp 37x13.5x 17 tires on them.
Steering box is a agr ported chevy box.
Engine is mounted and it's a 6.0 iron block iron head ls engine with 200k. I drove it home and it ran great. All wiring is there along with the computer, power steering and ac pump if you want it. Has a set of shorty headers and most of the smog delete done.
Transmission is a 5 speed nv4500 out of a 93 chevy with a matching np241 transfer case. Needs a McLeod flywheel and pilot bearing to finish the mating job to the ls engine.
I daily drove it for a while when it had a carbureted 350 and a sm465 with 40" tires and more lift to it. Did some wheeling and enjoyed the heck out of it. Tore it down to lower it on 37's and go ls and here it sits.
My problem isn't time or money, it's just that my family is all grown up and I dont need a wagon anymore not to mention if I wheel it I'd be super worried about hurting the body and it's just too darn clean for that. I see too many guys restoring rusty heaps and can't help but think this body could put someone way ahead of the game with a stock chassis. The first few photos are before the most recent tear down and the orange 55 is what donated a lot of the interior.
20131017_100045.jpg
20131017_145452.jpg
20191008_101251.jpg
20191008_101335.jpg
20191008_101159.jpg

Was this “Uncle Leo’s” rig? Lots of potential there ...
I bought this from Kief, he's on mud too. He bought it from a family that used it on their property. Sounds like they ran it out of oil at some point and parked it. He kept the engine and trans and I sold the axles off, at the time he had a rusty parts truck that we cut the taillight out of... in the early 2000's. He and I have been friends ever since! I daily drove it for a while and finally got enough money to refine it but with the kids all grown up I've lost the motivation... my wife does want a fj40 now for the two of us to ride in so not all is lost.

Any chance you're getting rid of the orange 55? To us east-coasters, that looks pretty darn clean as well.

I gave away the orange 55. It is in whitefish Montana now but it is just a shell. No axles or drivetrain. There wasn't a straight panel on it and half of them had rust as well.

No takers huh? I guess I'll put it on craigslist.
From the photos the body looks very good and your price seems extremely fair for what you have, I cant believe this hasn't sold.
Good luck, I wish I had a need or place to park it.

Anyone else thinking they might want this? I've been through the list at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom