For Sale 1972 FJ55 in Northern California (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gonzopancho

SILVER Star
Threads

CL ad says original BTB build. $9500. Not mine.

Looks like a nice pig for a good price.
No way you could build it for what he's asking.

BTB build... <breaks out ultra fine tooth comb for look over>
Looks to be mostly intact from the pictures, if a guy was looking for a good starting point for a daily driver camping rig most of the BTB sins could be undone to keep it road worthy and like most 55's look good from a far for under 12K.
The fact the the ad says BTB build in 1994 and all the paint in the common rust areas isn't bubbling off and laying on the floor leads me to believe the body might not be terrible or it's been just sitting in that hanger for 25 years.

If it is around 94, that would mean it might be pre-current owner of BTB build. I would consider it in that case. I forget exactly when BTB changed hands but it is close in that decade.

BTB has had 2 owners and changed owners twice.

Brian Schreuber, the first and current owner is OK. Expensive, but that segment of the market is happy to pay, and BTB is still in business all these years later, while others have folded the tent.

Larry Miller, the second and now former owner (Brian got it back from him) was a POS. Brian was doing all the work, Larry would sit upstairs in his office and watch TV or something. IIRC, a 1994 build would be from the pre-Larry Miller period, and even from before BTB was located in Las Vegas.

I have a partially BTB-built 40 from the Larry Miller period. (My brother and I fished it back out of BTB and finished it during the summer of 2005.)

A couple of my posts on mud about BTB (at one point, i used my wife’s term, “pirates”), in 2006 caused Larry to pay some legal service to write the strongly-worded letter, I laughed at him in response.

I’ve gone up against AT&T and LEGO in federal court and won both times, Larry’s rent-a-lawyer wasn’t about to make a dent.

I’ve spent a ton of time in Las Vegas during the past two years, setting my father’s affairs in order, watching him slowly die, burying him, and dealing with his (small) estate and the probate court. Just closed the house last week.

I dropped in on BTB in April, took 14 years from where I tore the sheet. Saw Brian, shook hands with him, took a tour of the shop. There is a very clean, very rust-free original paint pig in back that could be had, probably.

Last edited:
Ad is gone, wish someone had posted a few pics and details...

BTB has had 2 owners and changed owners twice.

Brian Schreuber, the first and current owner is OK. Expensive, but that segment of the market is happy to pay, and BTB is still in business all these years later, while others have folded the tent.

Larry Miller, the second and now former owner (Brian got it back from him) was a POS. Brian was doing all the work, Larry would sit upstairs in his office and watch TV or something. IIRC, a 1994 build would be from the pre-Larry Miller period, and even from before BTB was located in Las Vegas.

I have a partially BTB-built 40 from the Larry Miller period. (My brother and I fished it back out of BTB and finished it during the summer of 2005.)

A couple of my posts on mud about BTB (at one point, i used my wife’s term, “pirates”), in 2006 caused Larry to pay some legal service to write the strongly-worded letter, I laughed at him in response.

I’ve gone up against AT&T and LEGO in federal court and won both times, Larry’s rent-a-lawyer wasn’t about to make a dent.

I’ve spent a ton of time in Las Vegas during the past two years, setting my father’s affairs in order, watching him slowly die, burying him, and dealing with his (small) estate and the probate court. Just closed the house last week.

I dropped in on BTB in April, took 14 years from where I tore the sheet. Saw Brian, shook hands with him, took a tour of the shop. There is a very clean, very rust-free original paint pig in back that could be had, probably.

View attachment 2020993
View attachment 2020998

Any pics of the exterior?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom