For Sale 1972 FJ40 Trail Rig...not for Purists (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1972 FJ40 Trail Rig

Located in Gig Harbor, WA $8000

1972 FJ40 Toyota Landcruiser. Original inline 6 "F" Motor, mated to an SM420 4spd tranny (granny 1st gear) with advance adapter. Aussie lockers front and rear, 36x12.50r15 TSL super swamper bias plys, Procomp wheels w/ weld on beadlocks, rampage seats, RCI 5 point harnesses, RCI 15gallon aluminum fuel cell, Custom bent MetalTech 6 point cage to fit dovetailed body. Rear of body narrowed around 18", body narrowed 5" at rear portion of doors, GM tilt column, GM saginaw box/pump, Trail Gear High Steer, Jeep TJ rear fender flares, Longfield 30 splined inners/outers with chromo hub gears (lifetime warranty), rock sliders, 1/4" thick belly pan (can hold entire weight of vehicle on a rock/stump/etc) Toyota pickup/81 Landcruiser disc brakes (rotors/calipers/hubs) Re-powder coated Aisin hubs, Bikini top, Herculined interior, WARN XD9000 barely used, Optima red top battery, K&n filter to match the 1975 California spec carb w/ vac advance and a pertronix ignition system(no points) and flamethrower coil, Springover with cut and turned front housing, Confer shackles, Flipped rear spring pack minus mainleaf and gained 4" longer wheelbase, Ruffstuff rear Traction bar, Stainless steel brakelines at all 4corners, new procomp 9000 shocks, ford front shock towers, borgeson steering shaft and joints, custom front winch bumper, and narrowed rear bumper, and more that escapes me right now. Wheeled handful of times in the northwest, garaged entire time. only 6 trips on new tires/wheels/shocks/etc. Excellent shape for a dedicated trail rig and sunday cruiser. hate to let this baby go, it was my hobby for the past 5 years. washed and put away dry after every trip. Asking $8000 Call/text Ben at (253) 405-0349. Can take some stuff off cruiser to lower price, winch/wheels/tires/lockers/longfields, etc.

Now looking for cheap FJ60 to replace the 40...
2010summer 034.jpg
2010summer 035 2.jpg
2010summer 038 2.jpg

Last edited:
he post price>>>>> Asking $9500 Call Ben at (253) 405-0349. Can take some stuff off cruiser to lower price, winch/wheels/tires/lockers/longfields, etc

Only pics i could find are from when i was in the process of dovetailing and building the cage. Can take some tomorrow if anyone wants. Looks a little better when its finished:D
Dovetail 038.jpg
Dovetail 039.jpg

If it wasn't dovetailed my buddy would be all over it

I wheeled it a couple times before i dovetailed it, no bueno. Wanted to get "wedged" between rocks and/or trees since it was so wide. Tell your buddy i did him a favor by dovetailing it :) And its still street legal.

Man, forgot i still had this sitting in my parents shop. And still for sale:D...after i wheel it this weekend after being parked for 6 months+

Last edited:
Its actually not that big. Sits pretty low for 36's, springs are damn near flat. Get that post count up.

I'll have some new wheelin pics this sunday:D

Wheelbase is 94" right now, thats with rear spring flip. Front springs are stock. Thought about flippin the fronts to gain another 4", i think it'd be too long for 36" tires and the trails i run. Any longer and i'd want 38's or 39.5s. The spring perches are the 3 holers, could move to the next hole and gain an inch without having to do any mods to make it work;)

Oh yeah, might have to ask for more money after sunday, each dent i put in it has to be worth a little more $$$:)

Leaving for Alaska soon, need to buy a house when i get back and this Cruiser needs to go!! Part trade for FJ60 possibly. Asking $8000 as is. I can strip winch, longs and wheels/tires to lower price.

Very nice truck. Glws

Sent from my HTC EVO4G using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom