For Sale 1972 FJ40 SoCal 80% Restored Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I’ve got a project I picked up a few years ago that I’m realizing I’ll never get to. Someone needs to finish this. Body done ready for paint. Motor and drivetrain rebuilt. Electronic ignition and front disc brakes added. Shackle reversal up front. 2” lift with Steelies and 33”BFG(5ea). Needs paint and assembly. Fiberglass top is already restored. Have a bunch of receipts. All misc parts bagged and tagged in tubs. All panels and glass in crates with foam and casters in crates. The guy I got it from was an engineer and very meticulous. Clean title. Asking $15k

1301E605-CA15-4CD9-99B8-AF6B5542F72E.jpeg

832FE56B-F0C2-4D97-8EC3-F5A85A408EA6.jpeg

0DC181F9-1CF7-4BAE-B583-013C00F49BEC.jpeg

EE72D5F5-455A-4925-BE4B-E8F878FA5FE7.jpeg

5A10C992-F095-453F-958A-6A61AD18C7D8.jpeg

Last edited:
@bluemud ... Buy the project or finish assembly for you?

Ha! Yeah... I am right down the hill, but my garage is already tight on space... For anyone interested, the pics are accurate. there is a really nice tub on a solid frame and rebuilt engine and a TON of well packed parts just ready to go back on the truck...

Ha! Yeah... I am right down the hill, but my garage is already tight on space... For anyone interested, the pics are accurate. there is a really nice tub on a solid frame and rebuilt engine and a TON of well packed parts just ready to go back on the truck...
How much time would it take to put it back together? Someone with experience

Ha! All of the main body panels are ready for paint.. the frame looks pretty ready for the body to be bolted on. The major effort for most will be wiring the truck after paint and mechanical assembly. There is a harness, but wiring can be tough for some that are not familiar. I'd say a knowledgeable person could bang it out in about 4 weeks worth of full time work... Break that down into weekends or your availability and it might be a good start...

This is just my opinion so take that with a few grains of salt...

Ha! All of the main body panels are ready for paint.. the frame looks pretty ready for the body to be bolted on. The major effort for most will be wiring the truck after paint and mechanical assembly. There is a harness, but wiring can be tough for some that are not familiar. I'd say a knowledgeable person could bang it out in about 4 weeks worth of full time work... Break that down into weekends or your availability and it might be a good start...

This is just my opinion so take that with a few grains of salt...
Thanks for this

Sale Pending..

I’m so excited to take on this project, and feel like it’s such a great opportunity with all the work that’s already been done. Can’t wait to drive down and meet you in person!

I’ll definitely start a thread on here eventually to share updates!

@baxter1234 Thank you for buying this and saving me from myself! I was actually trying to find a way to make this work, but I already have two projects in progress and didn't need a third! After seeing this in person, you are getting a screaming deal on a project with all the hard work done... Metal work being done and ready for paint is the perfect place to knock this out and get it on the road in no time!

Congrats!

@baxter1234 Thank you for buying this and saving me from myself! I was actually trying to find a way to make this work, but I already have two projects in progress and didn't need a third! After seeing this in person, you are getting a screaming deal on a project with all the hard work done... Metal work being done and ready for paint is the perfect place to knock this out and get it on the road in no time!

Congrats!

Thank you! 😀

The pictures seem to tell the same story, but it was really helpful to know that someone had gone by to check it out already and didn’t see any big issues!

I’ve been a (often times jealous) lurker/spectator of this awesome land cruiser community for quite some time. Super excited to join in earnest!

Thank you! 😀

The pictures seem to tell the same story, but it was really helpful to know that someone had gone by to check it out already and didn’t see any big issues!

I’ve been a (often times jealous) lurker/spectator of this awesome land cruiser community for quite some time. Super excited to join in earnest!
You bought yourself a a great cruiser. When I uncovered it I was like omg. Would be a nice truck to put together. Congrats! And good luck. It should be a fun one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom