1972 FJ40 Newbie and rocker shaft arm seeker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I bought a 10/72 FJ40 a few months back as a project car for my son and I and have slowly been finding and fixing the issues (minus the rust) I started with all the wiring and tried to get into the mind of the hack who did what he did. Thats all fixed and sorted after being laid out on my kitchen table. Now it's parked in a garage and I'm disassembling the motor to install all new gaskets, paint and then reassemble. I'm sure as you all know that nothing is easy with this thing...fun...but not easy. As I am pulling back the layers to this onion I'm finding some issues that I can live with, but this most recent find I cannot. The forward rocker shaft arm is thrashed and I cannot find one without ordering a new rocker assembly or head. Anyone out there have a lead on one or another option? Appreciate any help!

69630061910__B9DCB305-B1F8-434A-AE93-3F07E6C091CB.jpg

69630062931__C2520C51-B69E-498A-853B-7D347BFA095C.jpg

69630064582__F4080CD0-F9D8-4676-AEB7-E1497E9B648F.jpg

try posting here in the classifieds:

very good chance someone will have the part you are looking for

What 3_puppies said. Just to add: There is at least one set of rocker arm assemblies being offered on ebay.

There’s a great offer to his want ad in the classifieds. But I’m wondering what the support bearings look like. These shafts don‘t rotate very far or really that fast, and when the oiling system up there is working properly everything is covered in oil so it’s not like there has to be super sealed seals. Wonder if that shaft couldn’t be buffed out and reused as long as the bearings are good.

There’s a great offer to his want ad in the classifieds. But I’m wondering what the support bearings look like. These shafts don‘t rotate very far or really that fast, and when the oiling system up there is working properly everything is covered in oil so it’s not like there has to be super sealed seals. Wonder if that shaft couldn’t be buffed out and reused as long as the bearings are good.
The support bearings look pretty good. No scoring or damage. The PO barely drove it and it looks like someone has messed with the engine before (different washers on the bolts, gaskets newer) Thanks for the info though, I posted in the classifieds.

If the one in the classifieds doesn’t work out, I may have a shaft. But I looked at the ad and that’s a great price and from what I hear, a good vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom