SOLD 1972 FJ40 Hardtop in Arizona - Now in Charlotte, NC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Hello all,

I'm posting our FJ40 up for sale since we're relocating across the country. It has a SBC 350/ SM465 conversion from the previous owner. It was well done and runs very well. We take it out on the weekends and for date nights regularly. It's titled as a historical vehicle here in AZ with collectors insurance so there is no smog testing. There is no smog equipment installed, so be aware of that if you live in another state.
The high-points are:
350 SBC with the SM465 4-speed transmission. All stock, carbureted engine. Runs good, starts right up, strong oil pressure, idles smoothly and drives as it should.
New fuse block and wiring harness installed.
GM steering column.
Clutch is good, new clutch master and slave just installed.
Frame primed and painted
New body mounts installed
New 31x10.50-15 Duratrac's installed
Power brakes with front disc conversion
Rear auxiliary fuel tank. Toggle switch on dash to change between tanks operates properly.
All fluids just changed
Cooling system flushed, new 180* t-stat, new 18" fan, new fan clutch and overflow bottle installed. Runs cool, even in 115+* heat.
Power steering using the GM box
New 2.5" exhaust with a Flowmaster muffler
OME suspension
New front and rear bumpers
New battery cables and battery.

Interior:
Stock seats with a rear bench seat. The rear bench matches the look of the fronts. We removed it to make for more cargo room.
Set of leather Ford Focus bucket seats, included, but not installed. Much more comfortable than the stock seats.
SOR rubber floor mat
Wild Horses Tachometer
Napa coolant temp and oil pressure gauges
Original seatbelts (lapbelts)
Speedometer, fuel gauge, dimmer switch all work properly.
Wipers dissembled, cleaned, lubricated, new blades installed, washer nozzles/ lines installed. Wipers fully functional.
12v socket replaced and is now functional.

Body:
The only rust found are above the brake lights, which the previous owner cut out, and just below and to the rear of the doors. I have pictures of that, that I can send. The rear quarters are covered with the aluminum diamond plate.
The floors are all solid and in great condition.
All lights, turn signals, license plate light, hazards, high-beams, horn, etc. all work properly.
As mentioned above, the wipers are fully functional.
All the glass is good with the exception of a crack across the bottom of the windshield. All windows operate properly.
Door latches, rear lift gate and rear doors operate properly.
It's been painted a few times and it shows. It won't win any beauty contests, but it runs great and you don't have to be afraid to get it scratched. The last painting it received by the previous owner is rather poor. There are some runs, over spray, etc. We were going to just plastidip it white, but didn't get to it.
Soft top and doors included, as well.

Starts easily and idles properly. Accelerates well and drives straight down the road, runs great down the freeway. Has been mechanically sorted out and is ready to go. It receives a lot of compliments everywhere we go. I spent quite a bit of time getting the functional bugs worked out, making it run better and providing much-improved drive ability.

$20,000

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

IMG_9076.JPEG

IMG_8389.JPG

IMG_9064.JPEG

IMG_8385.JPG

IMG_8375.JPG

Last edited:
I have more pictures and a small driving video, but this site will only let me post 5 pics, so far. There should be more pics, below.

Last edited:

3rd one listed in Scottsdale within just a couple weeks. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom