1972 FJ40 Fuse block replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to combine my engine and body fuse blocks into 1. I have the blue sea systems 5032 fuse block which has a split bus for 12+ ignition and 12+ battery. The only issue I am getting caught up on is the separate 12+ ignition and 12+ battery legs that come into the factory fuse block, can those be combined into one bus on the new fuse block? I would think that combining all wire to one buss would put the load on the wire with the least resistance. Any wiring gurus with any input?

Screenshot_20220302-201004_Chrome.jpg

1972 FJ40.gif

Think of it this way, you supply your main power to the Blue Sea box. It then splits it into 12 volt all the time or 12 volts when the ignition is on. Wire anything thing that needs constant 12 volt power to that side of the box and wire everything else to the ignition on side of the box. The power is drawn from the main power supply lines so use whatever Blue Sea recommends for wire gauge there. The wires leaving the Blue Sea box to the device need to be able to handle that power demand. Pretty straight forward just don't exceed the amp limit of the Blue Sea box itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom