1972 FJ40 fuel pump to fuel filter fitting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to replace the fuel pump and filter on my (10/71) 72 and have the new filter in but the new pump has a barbed fitting on the end rather than the treaded fitting. I searched some old posts but didn’t see a solution or at least I can’t find one.

1. Can I use a filter from a 1973 that has the barbed fitting leading to the pump and if so, what type of line do I use?

2. Is there a fitting I can use instead of the barbed end coming out of the new fuel pump that will thread onto the existing fuel line? I saw a couple of older posts referring to a BSPT fitting?

Phot of old pump and new below. Thanks for any help (nothing is simple)

5250B7CD-32F7-4137-BF0A-F5D85E6B04C7.jpeg

It's also clocked differently (the fitting is on the other outlet that is not drilled on the old).

I don't know much about the different fuel pumps so I'll leave that to the experts but I'd imagine you could just swap out the center bodies.

Thanks, sorry for this question but do I still loosen counterclockwise? I tried with a regular wrench it it wasn’t budging and I did t want to force it

Yep, it's right handed thread. Definitely used a boxed end or a line wrench though. They are soft. Try to tighten it a just a tiny bit first. Then loosen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom