Wanted 1972 FJ40 front seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got a set from a 71 if they are the same. They will need recovered. I'll go dig them out so I can get pics if needed.

Where are you located?

Don

Benjamin

I'll go dig them out right now and get some pics for you. I just came back in from refreshing my memory as to where I had stashed them.

Don

I've got three of the pics uploaded. I have two more pics so I'll try another post to get them in.

The seat covers are in decent shape, no tears. There is one cut about 1.5" long on the top part of the passenger lower cushion. I tried to get a pic of that but the battery in my camera died. I'll try again later. I'm guessing you must be doing a restoration and if so you'll want to recover them anyway.

The frames are in good shape. On the drivers seat frame one of the two "J" hooks for the clips that hold the seat down to the tool box lid is missing the lower portion. If you do any fab work that would be an easy repair. There is the typical surface rust in scattered locations on the frame. I don't have the pivot brackets for the back of the drivers seat, not sure what happened to them.

Don
IMGP1292.jpg
IMGP1293.jpg
IMGP1291.jpg

I found some batteries so I got a pic of the upholstery cut. So here's the three pics.

I've been doing some searching here on Mud to get an idea of value. I want to be fair with pricing. So far I've found all the way from $25 per side (condition unknown), to $300 for a recently refurbished set. I'm still looking to see what I can find in comparable condition. If you have any ideas let me know.

Also, do you need the long rear folding seats? I have them in addition to the front seats. The frames are in good shape, but the upholstery is in worse condition than the fronts.

Another thing, do you have any use for a pair of origional gas tank straps? You can se them in the background in the second pic. If so I'll just throw them in with the front seats.

Don
IMGP1294.jpg
IMGP1295.jpg
IMGP1297.jpg

I found some batteries so I got a pic of the upholstery cut. So here's the three pics.

I've been doing some searching here on Mud to get an idea of value. I want to be fair with pricing. So far I've found all the way from $25 per side (condition unknown), to $300 for a recently refurbished set. I'm still looking to see what I can find in comparable condition. If you have any ideas let me know.

Also, do you need the long rear folding seats? I have them in addition to the front seats. The frames are in good shape, but the upholstery is in worse condition than the fronts.

Another thing, do you have any use for a pair of origional gas tank straps? You can se them in the background in the second pic. If so I'll just throw them in with the front seats.

Don

Hi Don.....Just sent you a PM....thx! benjamin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom