1972 FJ40 Brake Parts

Still new to the Cruiser world, and replacing the brakes is high on the list to start with. I am looking for the Front Brake U Junctions. Both drivers side and passengers side are so rusted, the hard lines can't be removed. Is there an aftermarket part or a member that I can source these from?

Comet

Knower of little, master of less.
SILVER Star
I would get some brake line and a bender. I have a couple axles sitting outside I could have a look at but I think they will be just as rusted as yours.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Still new to the Cruiser world, and replacing the brakes is high on the list to start with. I am looking for the Front Brake U Junctions. Both drivers side and passengers side are so rusted, the hard lines can't be removed. Is there an aftermarket part or a member that I can source these from?
I have a pair of 71/72 axles out back I can look at. Please upload a picture of the items you are needing.

I have a pair of 71/72 axles out back I can look at. Please upload a picture of the items you are needing.
Thanks for the response… here is a picture of what I’m looking for.
C1632005-8D45-4003-99F0-BA415E1643EA.jpeg

I would get some brake line and a bender. I have a couple axles sitting outside I could have a look at but I think they will be just as rusted as yours.
Thanks Comet… I’m doing just that! From other threads I have read, some metal line and a flare tool will be well worth the investment.

Comet

Knower of little, master of less.
SILVER Star
I have wire brushed stubborn joints like that, applied Kroil penetrating oil, let it sit for a day, applied more Kroil, and then heated the snot out of it using MAPP gas. A lot of times just the expansion with heat will clear things up. Best of luck in your journey, these things are an engineering marvel and a pain in the arse all in the same breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom