1972 FJ40 1F Engine Header Suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to purchase a new header for my '72 FJ40 (TEQ 1F Engine).

I'm located in Southern California and my '72 doesn't require smog.

I have my eye on the Performance Header and the Man-A-Fre Header.

The only reason I've been checking those two headers out is because those two came up while I was googlin' around - i.e. I personally have no clue as to what headers to purchase. Is one of the two mentioned headers better than the other or are they essentially just as good as each other?

I'm certainly not dead-set on any of those two headers, so if you have suggestions, warnings, etc that could help me in making a decision on whatever header to purchase, please share.

Mark at Mark's Off Road in Burbank has a great Tri-Y single flange header with a flange that matches the intake manifold. This means no cut washers for use as shims.

He's a MUD vendor and an expert on these vehicles.

http://www.marksoffroad.net/1specials/1specials.html

but can you give your reason(s) why I should not buy from them?

I cannot, not in tech. I could perhaps point out out that there are many upstanding, honest, innovative, hard-working 'Cruiser specific vendors here on 'Mud that truly have the betterment of our rigs and the preservation of the species at heart and would appreciate your business...
I would be happy to post about my own personal top 10 vendors, but will decline this opportunity to post about my bottom 10.

Pighead said:
I would be happy to post about my own personal top 10 vendors.

Being new to the TLC world and looking forward to learning as much as I can, I am very interested to see your top 10 list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom