For Sale 1971 Fj40 - Fuel Injected - Full Cage - Pics & Video - Locked & Built (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello All!

I have owned this truck since 2006, The engine runs very strong, power-steering is easy with the 37's, tons of flex, and is relatively low-CG for a sprung over Land Cruiser. Almost everything is new and/or replaced on the truck. The fuel injection makes it a bit more street-able as well as the Saginaw power steering setup (one hand turning) , front sprung-over with recessed shackle reversal keeps it tight and low on the road, extended wheel base helps it track straight as well and a custom sway bar was done to keep in order to keep the truck stable in turns; flexible but still be able to be used heavily on the street (removable swaybar). It has a 4-speed manual transmission with a new clutch and all new brakes all around, 4-wheel disc brakes and upgraded front calipers make it stop well for a truck of its size (replaced/new: brake pads x4, new calipers x4, rotors, hard & soft lines all around, upgraded brake master Cyl.). Battery is fresh, all new professionally built TBI wiring system with all new sensors, injectors, computer & custom tuned chip make for a healthy and great sounding/running engine with the single exit 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust (flowmaster 50 series). Well built cooling system for Florida with a aluminum race radiator, high speed cooling fans, all new belts/hoses and fluids always kept fresh. I can help load for shipping / transport if need be, just contact ahead of time to arrange it. Its 40+ years old so its not perfect and if your not mechanically inclined, I wouldn't suggest a 40 year old truck. The FJ40 has all new floors, sprung-over, 6-point roll cage, front bezel hoop & rocker protection, so its built for off-road but could be daily driven, please email/message if you have any questions. Comes with spare 37" MTR on a 15" rim & Hi-Lift. This truck was never abused on the trails & mostly driven on the street, stowed away in my garage here in St. Augustine , Florida (32080). Seats are brand new and have never seen weather, as well as all new thicker then stock floors coated with 2 coats of RustBullet and 2 Coats of Duraback. RCI has sump for steep inclines and the new TBI makes the truck sound and run very well. I'm selling off my Toy to finish adding onto my wood-shop, the Fj40 will be sitting in the garage collecting dust until its sold... Any questions/comments/rants email or message me here...Might need minor cosmetics here and there, remember its a 40. Please no low ball offers, I feel as though I have already made the price reasonable for the truck you'll be getting...

Engine / Powertrain

• Rebuilt 5.7L Gm 350 with 85K +/- with stage-1 TBI fuel injection
  • RV Cam
  • Edelbrock performer intake - (All new fel-pro gaskets)
  • Rams-horn exhaust manifold - New Gaskets - Walker crossover exhaust - 2.5" Single exit with 50 series Flowmaster
  • Full billet aluminum pulley system
  • Fabricated aluminum valve covers
  • Replaced long water pump, alternator, power steering pump in last 200 miles
  • PSC power steering lines to Saginaw power steering system
  • New Battery - mounted underneath pass. seat
  • New starter
  • New USA-built Sanderson aluminum racing radiator
  • Taurus Cooling fans - Adjustable thermostat
Fuel Injection

• Rebuilt TBI - Every single sensor is new:
    • AIC, Temp. sensor, knock sensor, oxygen sensor, throttle position sensor, electronic spark control module, etc.
  • Professionally built TBI harness
  • 15 gal. RCI fuel cell with sump
  • Stage 1 pro. tuned chip - Runs on reg. pump gas
  • Brand new GM ECU with new chip
  • New E2000 Fuel pump / filter
  • New coil
  • New Distributor - new cap, rotor - 8mm Wires, AC Delco Plugs
  • New fuel pump relay and fuel injection relay - ECM, relays and ALDL connection is all in the "glove-box"

Transmission / Transfer-case / Axles / Suspension

• Sprung-over - Kept flexy and low as possible for a fj40 w/ 37" tires with a front shackle-reversal
  • Sm465 - with granny-low first
  • 3-spd Toyota T-case - with ~65:1 Low
  • Advanced Adapters - T-case/trans adapter and mount
  • New clutch - less than 150 miles
  • Willwood Slave cyl. - New Toyota Master cylinder - Kevlar braided clutch line
  • Prof. made custom woods drive-shafts
  • Custom front-sway bar
  • New Aussie Locker in rear (no trail use)
  • Billet hysteer arms - Rebuilt front axle
  • GM 1-ton Tie Rod Ends - DOM .5"wall Tie-Rod
  • Upgraded Forerunner Calipers with new pads/lines
  • New Forerunner 1" Master Cylinder
  • 4-wheel disc brakes - Rear disc brakes with Summit prop. valve - all lines replaced
  • Bilstien 5150 remote res. shocks in front
  • New Monroe rear shocks
  • 37" Goodyear MTR's - Front driver is new (>100m), the other three have good tread but have "rock rash"
  • Spare comes with vehicle purchase

Interior / Exterior - 99% rust-free

• Solid metal, no hidden rust holes
  • Painted sunrise red , random knicks n scratches
  • No hardtop / softtop - easy enough to obtain though
  • Custom Roll Cage & Front Hoop, all 1.75" OD - HREW steel
  • Brand new - Race trim seats - Fixed mounting
  • RJS - 5-point racing harnesses
  • Dash cluster has tachometer, vacuum, amperage, water temp., oil temp.
  • Upgraded Headlights - runs newer style brighter bulb
  • Floors - all floors have been replaced by with new non-stock sheet metal and RustBulleted, painted & Duraback'd -
  • Front bib/bezel has rust hiding in there, that is all - truck body/exterior is highly modified & is solid

Odds

• Needs windshield wiper assembly & their is a hairline crack in the passenger portion of the windshield if you plan on daily driving it. ( I can pick one up locally for $ )
  • Turn signals were wired into the marker lights because of fender removal, still has wheel-wells, just the lip was removed. Street Legal!
  • Comes with 4 keys and clean Florida title ( spare 37" MTR & Hi-lift Jack too)

Price: 7,500 - I consider it a very fair price considering how 'overpriced' fj40's can become (Not open to trades at all unless you somehow have a mint Diesel Mercedes & Cash)

Last edited:
If all goes well on my end sun. I'll take it........ :hmm:

Sale may be pending for Cjhollenshead...Still responding to emails & questions but it may be his on Sunday. Safe travels everyone..

Still up for sale, purchase was dependent on a personal sale, fell through; as did ours.

Last edited:
Still up for grabs!

Call/Text if you want to get a hold of me quickest, although I receive email via phone. Generally in the workshop, so my phone is treated like an answering machine... 9 0 four / 8 0 six / 3 7 2 six

- Shot of TBI conversion, edelbrock performer intake, new dist. Rebult throttle body, brand new injectors, new TPS AND IACV, New water temp sensor, Complete & professionally built TBI harness, All labels still on, includes provisions for automatic trans & a slew of other add-ons...

- 15-Gal Alum. Tank - Rear sump for hills, externally mounted new fuel pump & filter, Summit AN race fittings. Roll cage is all HREW 1.75 OD .120 wall tubing.

- Last is an upshot of the remote res. 5150 bilstein's (no trail time)
IMG_1065.jpg
IMG_0404.jpg
IMG_0398.jpg

fj

I am not out of the running yet, working on a couple of things, i will be in touch!!

Some random shots... for those that asked.

first is the 15 gal. RCI tank, without the tire, the tube that exits near the pass. side is the vent - with a rollover valve. Should show a better shot of the clean & rust free floors.

RJS- 5 - point harnesses (I have the extra belt but currently just run them as 4 point harnesses)

GM one-ton tie rod ends .375" wall DOM tie rod, 5150 chromoloy highsteer which has all new hardware & rebuilt knuckles (with KOYO bearings). Double shear 5150 mount, new brake lines (hard & soft). Front has new forerunner brakes with ceramic pads. 3/8" toe in. Front spring reversal, front sway bar for better on-road handling. Saginaw power steering, PSC lines & new pump.
IMG_1186.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_1078.jpg

What price are you at and how does it run as far as the street? My cruiser will probably be gone soon and yours looks clean. Also could I drive it to Kansas? I know it's not ideal but would it make the trip is probably a better way to phrase. No vibs at speed or anything? Again I understand it's running 37's.

Good to see you got it finished, hopefully finished your degree too! GLWS I'd still love to see it.

All Pm's answered! ( I should get an award for the amount of questions I've been asked)

If I missed you, shoot me a PM again... Happy motoring.

pm and email sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom