1971 Fj40(gone) / 1974 FJ40 Build , Jackson Tn. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good save! Have fun!

As for the PS settup, if you end up changing it consider a Scout II or fj60 box. They give a much cleaner steering shaft placement along with a longer drag link.

in the original location, or the current location where my box is?

nice find - that looks a lot nicer than many of the other projects people start with

well so sad today, i found a good donor of parts for my car, im working this week, and it seems someone is headed that way to day to buy it. I was almost tempted to put a deposit on the car, but hey, its craigslist, and oh well.

cant always continue to be lucky..

34603E58-6AFB-4327-A2A3-AFCFA28A470B.jpeg
No. Lol i get a new one.. of course i cant keep two. I could not pass this puzzle. It was taken Part. Had to make two trips to nashville. Will combine parts of the fist one
935DA6A4-3825-4130-8058-14006982A78A.jpeg

I've got two;) It was my :princess: idea for the second one:D

wow...

I went through all the stuff i received for this nice transaction, i may be missing a thing or two. But It will be ok. most likely i will be doing an electrical powersteering modification to the steering column.

i will have to decide which axles to keep, as the ones in the black one are appearing to look better. and of course take some stuff off the new one. All in all im excited, it would be a slow build.

Not selling anything at this time, but likely interested in a 4 speed transmission to use with the 2F

I know there is an H42 four speed available in Huntsville.

ive been looking for one, but they are in the 600 price range, unless i can get a steal price on one, dont want to rush into it..

is this out of an fj40 or fj60, does it come with transfer case. I dont want extra work. Need to be a drop in or minimal work.

per this thread H42 in a FJ40

i rather wait, unless all the stars get aligned, to get working on the frame....

ok so finally able to snap some pictures of the 74 fj... You can see the 71 in the rear....
DSCN0941.JPG

all the other parts are in storage, its in much better shape...

DSCN0942.JPG

rust appears to be on the surface, will probably remove the front bumper...

DSCN0943.JPG

not sure if the original toyota white rims from the 80's...
DSCN0945.JPG

again with the shocks with springs, why?

DSCN0955.JPG

My storage, full of treasures. FJ40, TE37, MX12, RA24 and TE31 parts.... cant say how much invested in there...

AC37DFF7-A09F-44DF-B354-5A1965B4EC49.jpeg

Thanks to a member here, copied his design. And my garage will be built soon. Ill have extra 1200 sqf to play

So after a while I’m back, had a long year, building a garage and firing contractor, put all on hold.

uzkNiPs.jpg

I’m moving into my garage, can’t believe ho much junk I had....

T3fVd1E.jpg

Also I found a rusted one, with good drivetrain, it’s an 81 so its full off good things...

pM4rk0h.jpg

Soillbe keeping both cruisers, and need to find somewhere near to to be my frame dipped and coated, don’t want to take it apart, but I’ll do it if I have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom