1970 Windshield Washer for 1970 FJ40? ( I know... It is like worrying about the curtains on the Titanic) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Green Bean

GOLD Star
Threads
1970 40 came with a tub of parts. Among the parts was a bracket and plastic bottle (reservoir missing a cap). I found 3 holes on the driver's side fender well that seemed to line up with the holes on the bracket and mounted. (See attached photo) Can someone please verify if this is even correct? A possibility that occurred to me is that this could be for the wiper spray in which case I think I need to track down the pump. The hood has the spray nozzles. Anyone have any photos they wouldn't mind posting?
Thanks again.

Windshield Washer Bottle.jpg

Twist the knob for the washer. The pump is in the cap. It extends to the bottom of the bottle. Two wires connected to the cap. Can get pictures. My 68 and 70 both still have the original setup.

1970 40 came with a tub of parts. Among the parts was a bracket and plastic bottle (reservoir missing a cap). I found 3 holes on the driver's side fender well that seemed to line up with the holes on the bracket and mounted. (See attached photo) Can someone please verify if this is even correct? A possibility that occurred to me is that this could be for the wiper spray in which case I think I need to track down the pump. The hood has the spray nozzles. Anyone have any photos they wouldn't mind posting?
Thanks again.

View attachment 2681943

i have the available japan Genuine NipponDenso replacement kits

also :

i have reproduction GOLD Zinc plated mounting brackets too bth early and later

1621791382697.png

1621791415248.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom