1968 FJ55 Local East Coast Swine Transfer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice to meet you today Doctor 👨‍⚕️👍
The pleasure was all mine Bob. Thanks for the help. @Doctorhusband and I will make a pilgrimage out to the lake sometime after my Pig makes its cross country journey.

For those who don't know, @bobm has a gorgeous spot on the lake in NH. I was greeted at first by an enormous and skeptical looking dog before he was corralled back inside. As promised, I brought beer but with the day getting away from me and 4+ hours left to drive, we didn't get to it unfortunately. 4 floor panels made it into the back of the suburban and I got a quick visit with the Pigs. I didn't ask for permission to take a pick of the compound, but I did sneak a snapshot of the feral hog on the back 40.
20200731_163038-XL.jpg

Thanks again Bob for helping keep these Pigs alive. :cheers: :pig:

With great sadness, at the end of a fine summer of dreaming of Pig greatness, I must report that Chuck is not going to make the trip East. After starting my new job, still in the midst of a house renovation and move, and no place to put another Cruiser, the timing just isn't there to make this happen. @orangefj45 hadn't gotten too deep into it yet, just a few seals. @Pigeaten was so good to me on the front end that he got right of first refusal to take Chuck back. He took me up on the offer.

So, Chuck, I never knew you. But it was fun none the less. @Pigeaten, @orangefj45, @bobm and all the others in this thread, thank you for your help and encouragement. More storage and more time and I'll likely join the sty again. :cheers: :pig:

With great sadness, at the end of a fine summer of dreaming of Pig greatness, I must report that Chuck is not going to make the trip East. After starting my new job, still in the midst of a house renovation and move, and no place to put another Cruiser, the timing just isn't there to make this happen. @orangefj45 hadn't gotten too deep into it yet, just a few seals. @Pigeaten was so good to me on the front end that he got right of first refusal to take Chuck back. He took me up on the offer.

So, Chuck, I never knew you. But it was fun none the less. @Pigeaten, @orangefj45, @bobm and all the others in this thread, thank you for your help and encouragement. More storage and more time and I'll likely join the sty again. :cheers: :pig:
Sad for you, glad for me- like I said, if you change your mind?

Sad for you, glad for me- like I said, if you change your mind?

It took awhile to get to this point. I'm trying hard not to change my mind. But thanks, as always.

We’ll be here. Stop by anytime 🍻👋

Part of the reason it was so hard to let it go is all of you fine folks down here.

💩 you could've Hid out back til other stuff was done 😉🤔👍🐷on

I really appreciate that Bob. Of all of the reasons, space really wasn't a big factor. I could have tucked it in the barn in Maine. Really, it's clearing out the mental space. Trying to keep it to one project at a time, and maybe just one classic vehicle. I'll fail at it, but it's a goal.

For those who don't know, @bobm has a gorgeous spot on the lake in NH. I was greeted at first by an enormous and skeptical looking dog before he was corralled back inside. As promised, I brought beer but with the day getting away from me and 4+ hours left to drive, we didn't get to it unfortunately. 4 floor panels made it into the back of the suburban and I got a quick visit with the Pigs. I didn't ask for permission to take a pick of the compound, but I did sneak a snapshot of the feral hog on the back 40.
20200731_163038-XL.jpg

Thanks again Bob for helping keep these Pigs alive. :cheers: :pig:
I've seen that feral hog before. It's mean.

A man's go to know his limitations!

Maybe there is another Pig out there, lurking, waiting for you...

A man's go to know his limitations!

Maybe there is another Pig out there, lurking, waiting for you...
Update to this fun thread from last summer...life has settled in here in NH. Barn is going up this spring/summer to give more cruisers homes. Looks like this fine swine may be coming into my life
69 green Pig.jpg
View attachment 2572901

Look closely, and you'll see my 40 parked behind it. Yes, this Pig is not only on the east coast, but 5 miles away. More to come.

I love a 68
69. Haven't looked at VIN or the title, and we just got a foot of snow again this morning so it's not moving for a while. I'm too junior to be able to tell the difference but I know the ear style turn signals make it early. All things being equal, I'd have rather it be newer with a 2F, PS, PB so I wouldn't have to add them. But, very solid and complete. The rest is just detail.

No flip. If anything goes it will be my 40, as there's so much overlap with the 45. But, I've been pretty good recently about hanging onto things. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom