1968 FJ55 Local East Coast Swine Transfer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Georg has an excellent interior shop across the street from him, so I could knock another item off the list while it's there. Do I continue the old school theme and have the benches redone?

Yes; and let me know what you go with. I eventually want to reupholster mine with as close to OEM as I can find. Quite a bit of funk (aka dry rot) in these old seats. I bought some SOR camo seat covers so that I could comfortably drive mine around. Seats looked OK but felt otherwise.

Dogs are really getting pissed now - must type quickly!

Check out my build thread for my seats. I stuck with the bench. I only regret it when I sit in it for more than 5 minutes! I went with fabric but found some great material that looks like OEM...

^^^ This!
I've run out of pics to keep the ratio right, as I never have been near it to get any of my own

Yep! 33x10.5 KOs here...

I'm joining this club, though the 235/85r16 skinny still calls

Shoot, this is a great story!
Lots of rich Pig history and lots of the Cruiser community involved! I love it.
Can't wait to read more, but my dogs are getting antsy for their walk.

BTW, what is the story w/ your user name? USN? Diver? MD? All the above?

There's a strong current of PIg Karma working here. I am most appreciative, for both the prior owners and all of the help and welcome on the forum. Truly a great group, I'll strive to be worthy.

Username?
MD: Yes.
USN: Yes. My "4 years and out" turned into 25 when it was all said and done. The Navy's needs and my desires kept aligning, so I stayed. It was a great run; I just retired on July 1st.
Diver: Yes. Went through USN Dive school in 2001. Twin towers were hit on my second day there. I became a Diving Medical Officer. First tour from there was with the Submarine Squadron in Norfolk VA. Solo medical officer for 12 Submarines, fresh out of school. Trial by fire, good times with good people. From there, I went to Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Unit 2. I was the only MD (several Corpsmen) for a unit of high speed bomb guys. War started 3 weeks after I got there, and my guys were the first unit into Baghdad. I went back to EOD Group Two as the Senior Medical Officer from 2012-14. 6 EOD mobile units and the east coast Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit under that umbrella. It was a privilege to serve with and care for such a great and largely unrecognized group of badasses.

Username?
MD: Yes.
USN: Yes. My "4 years and out" turned into 25 when it was all said and done. The Navy's needs and my desires kept aligning, so I stayed. It was a great run; I just retired on July 1st.
Diver: Yes. Went through USN Dive school in 2001. Twin towers were hit on my second day there. I became a Diving Medical Officer. First tour from there was with the Submarine Squadron in Norfolk VA. Solo medical officer for 12 Submarines, fresh out of school. Trial by fire, good times with good people. From there, I went to Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Unit 2. I was the only MD (several Corpsmen) for a unit of high speed bomb guys. War started 3 weeks after I got there, and my guys were the first unit into Baghdad. I went back to EOD Group Two as the Senior Medical Officer from 2012-14. 6 EOD mobile units and the east coast Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit under that umbrella. It was a privilege to serve with and care for such a great and largely unrecognized group of badasses.

USN + MD + EOD...

Words fail me.

I hope we get to meet one day, it would be an honor.

Thank you for all you have ever done for this country that we will never know about.

As for the group of badasses you served - I hope you are counting yourself as El Perro Grande Bad Ass!

I was never EOD, not a badass, just kept them going and able to do what they needed to do. My piece, safe behind the scenes, could never hold a candle to what those guys had to do.

Dick Winters, a true badass and hero himself, summed it up in the best way I've ever seen in Band of Brothers. Still moves me no matter how often I see it.

USN + MD + EOD...

Words fail me.

I hope we get to meet one day, it would be an honor.

I look forward to meeting you some day as well! In fact, all of you fine gentlemen of the sty :pig::cheers:

I was never EOD, not a badass, just kept them going and able to do what they needed to do. My piece, safe behind the scenes, could never hold a candle to what those guys had to do.

Dick Winters, a true badass and hero himself, summed it up in the best way I've ever seen in Band of Brothers. Still moves me no matter how often I see it.

Your humility makes me think you are a bad-ass...

Thank you again.

I look forward to meeting you some day as well! In fact, all of you fine gentlemen of the sty :pig::cheers:

And just noticed you have a '99 Hundy! We have a '99 LX. @J Mack thinks I use it to pull the Pig to Pig Parties...

Door panels: FJ55 Land Cruiser Door Panels only...Custom Made in the USA....Black They are very high quality.

I recently bought these for my '85 4Runner in a 10.50x31-15: Geolandar M/T G003 | Mud Terrain Tire | Yokohama Tire

They are very smooth on the road. Haven't taken them into the dirt yet so can't say much for off-road characteristics or longevity.

That is our friend - @a1500ram - yes?

11-19-13-004-jpg.832035

11-19-13-004-jpg.832035

I'm not positive Pablo but I think so. The PO of my pig bought the ones that I have and I thought they came from the link that I provided.....which may be one and the same. I'll look at mine in detail and see if they match the photo you provided.

I'm not positive Pablo but I think so. The PO of my pig bought the ones that I have and I thought they came from the link that I provided.....which may be one and the same. I'll look at mine in detail and see if they match the photo you provided.

Definitely the same.

11-19-13-004-jpg.832035
Already working with @a1500ram on a set. Some details of the driver rear cargo area I need before we can get them started.

Thank you Sir!! And I'll see you soon 😉👍
Thanks Bob. I'll be down in NH on Thursday next week, staying for a couple of days. Let's make a plan to get together.

Winters was awesome. I loved how he was portrayed in BoB. Then I started seeing him in tons of WW2 documentaries and thought he may have been understated in the show.

Thank you for your service.

Winters was awesome. I loved how he was portrayed in BoB. Then I started seeing him in tons of WW2 documentaries and thought he may have been understated in the show.

Thank you for your service.

I've read and studied Winters a lot. He was the real deal. Humble to his core. And he will tell you that he wasn't unusual, nor was his company. A lot of that is humility, but there is some truth there. The thing is, in my experience there are actually a lot of "Winters" still out there. Put a close knit group of men together, with a common bond and shared experience (usually miserable), and those men will do anything for their brothers. Winters was a natural, born leader. They are out there. I just hope our current societal craziness doesn't strangle those leaders in their cribs. We're going to need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom