1970 FJ40 - will it ever be back together? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
I have stripped apart my cruiser and painted it successfully. But i did not clearly lable the parts and where they came from when i took it apart.

I am looking for some pictures from a 1970 (or there abouts) fj40 - I'm hoping to be able to find out how to put the pedels back together.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making sense of the bucket of bolts I have for all my cruiser? Is it possible to get reasembly kits - I'm not really on a limited budget, but would love to be able to have my 40 back together, i really want to drive it!

Thanks.

I would go to SOR's website and look at the brake down pics.

Here is a pic of the brake pedal assembly for 1958-7/80

014H.gif

:) Franky beat me to it. :)

Hope you learned your lesson! On the plus side, you'll know every part on your cruiser and where it goes. Mud viewers in the future will benefit from your knowledge!

Purchase a FSM, Haynes, microfiche or CD of the Toyota EPC. Your gonna need the former for torque specs, pedal adjustment height and play.

trekker said:
Purchase a FSM, Haynes, microfiche or CD of the Toyota EPC. Your gonna need the former for torque specs, pedal adjustment height and play.

I understood the EPC was online somewhere, as a DVD ISO - anybody have a current pointer?

Kirk

yeah, clean them all up in Karosene or something similar, then go out and buy a bunch of ziplock bags and a fishing tackle box with all the compartments.

First sort out nuts and bolts from anything else. Next group the botls by diameter, then by size.

Man the more I think about it, the more that really sucks! Best of luck dude, your in for a lot of work.

FWIW, I used a digital camara and zip lock bags like crazy, and then labeled each part with masking tape when I tore it down, then sorted each major area in a box, interior, dash, electrical, clutch boxes like that... and it still took a long time to get back together, the pics help.

Rezarf <><

FYI,

My overall impression for the last 25 years has been the Toyota engineers designed the Land Cruiser to be field stripped and reassembled in the dark. A (stock) Land Cruiser goes together like peas & carrots. Every part attaches to the vehicle only one way (except the bezel). If it doesn't seem to fit quite right, it doesn't belong where you're trying to put it.

Where are you?

REZARF said:
First sort out nuts and bolts from anything else. Next group the botls by diameter, then by size.

FWIW, I used a digital camara and zip lock bags like crazy, and then labeled each part with masking tape when I tore it down, then sorted each major area in a box, interior, dash, electrical, clutch boxes like that... and it still took a long time to get back together, the pics help.

Rezarf <><

You forgot about separating regular washers from split washers. ;)

Heck with a digicam, just videotape the whole process. :D I guess it's a bit late for that though :frown: .

HawkDriver said:
Bag and tag baby!!

just like the old college days :ban:

I'm from Canada, I'm in the NWT, way the hell in the middle of nowhere!
I posted an "above the 60'th parallel and fearing" post it a while ago...

I just found out that i lost one of those damn brackets that the kickvent attatches too. I've gotta make another, looked on SOR but they don't seem to list it.

I think the SOR diagrams will help a lot though, and the biggest pain in the rear is going to be sorting the nuts and bolts - but i like the seperating them into diameters and stuff. Good thinking!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom