For Sale 1970 FJ40 Project - Edmond, OK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Putting feelers out for my project, one of those 'had a baby, no more time and could use the space for strollers and such' situations.

1970 FJ40L

The good:
1F runs great! Starts easy, idles smooth. (Full disclosure, I usually give it a squirt of ether when starting for the first time after sitting for a few months)
Believed to be a factory soft top (no soft top hardware left)
Hard top & doors
Factory 3 on the tree
Frame is in good shape
Title in hand, registration up to date
Rear has a spartan locker and Poser disk brakes installed (Calipers not on vehicle currently, but included)

The bad:
CANNOT NOT BE DRIVEN due to brake lines cut/needing to be re-plumbed due to the rear disk swap
Rust in the rockers, front floors, rear sill, tail gate area. (Overall a solid body)
Dent in hood
Missing hood spear, bib
Ugly - Originally red, was painted purple, then a green hard top was added, now painted black (I didn't do it!)
Wiring is shot (cut up from previous owners)
Parking Brake does not engage (will include a nice heavy rubber wheel chock!)
Unknown milage, missing speedometer cable

Will be Included, but not installed:
Fresh rebuilt 2/76 front axle w/ spartan locker, new Warn hubs
New Coolerman full wiring harness!!
H41 & split case transmission (Not H42!), FJ40 4 speed bell housing & drive shafts
Wilwood/Man-A-Free disk master cylinder kit
16" FJ80 steel wheels
Spare Warn front hubs & Birfields (used)
Trollhole distributor
2F alternator bracket
Various odds & ends that I know I collected and forgot about

I picked this up about 3 years ago, and have been slowly gathering pieces to make it a decent truck. Was running and driving till March when I started the disk upgrade and hasn't been started since.

Pictures attached are somewhat old, but the looks haven't changed. Can snap any pictures anyone requests.

Looking to get $10,000 for everything, and no I will not split it up/part it out. I know it's high, but I don't need to sell and I have most of the parts one would need to make a solid vehicle.

IMG_2612.JPG

IMG_2613.JPG

how bout more pics under body,frame ,inside ,back ,other side ,trans and trans case ,all and all more pics thx Buz

I do not have any good pics of the frame on my phone, but I will snap a few tonight if I remember.

Rust on rockers

IMG_3378.JPG
IMG_3380.JPG
IMG_3472.JPG
IMG_3473.JPG
IMG_3478.JPG

Engine compartment, Trans/Transfer case and the axles in the truck, it is leaking from the rear seal on the transfer. Note the speedo cable is new, but was the wrong length so it does not hook up to the speedometer. Rear now has disks and a rebuilt front is not installed.

IMG_3395.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_4020.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom