1970 FJ40 engine bay wire - What is this and to what should this wire be connected? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Doing some wire cleanup under the dash and found an unconnected wire that runs to what looks like a sensor on the top of the block in the rear. It runs through the firewall to the under-dash. What does this do and what should it be connected to? Should this be grounded, connected to the fuse block, switch? Thanks in advance.

FJ 40 Wire Pic.jpg

The original water temp sender is the sensor is next to that one and needs to be connected. The sensor you are asking about is an after market of some kind and not needed if not being used.
JP

Appreciate the feedback. I'll take a look to see if this resolves my temp gauge issues.

Follow up question on the water temp sender. Ordered the OEM Water Coolant Temperature Gauge Sending Unit Sensor 83420-20010 from RAGINGMATT @ VintageTEqParts.com. Is replacing the unit as easy as just unscrewing the old and screwing in the new? Is there a bushing or something that I need to be be prepared for? Also, do you just pull the wire out or is there some mounting strategy? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom