1970 FJ40 brake question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From the brake line schematic it does look like the rear break line does run down the middle of the LC.
It runs down the passenger frame rail.

I'd certainly be prepared to repair the problem. Order the brake line or make one. Early 40s had 9mm lines instead of later model common 10mm. Idk when they changed them. You may need Adapters. I'm sure someone will chime in.

I'm on my third FJ40 build project out of owing 4 FJ40's. The FJ40 in my personal shop now is a 1970 early model. Yes you are correct in saying "That is it! Thanks! So I need to replace the vac lines and then find the leak to the back brakes." I also have a 2F installed but using the 3 on the tree 3 speed transmission. I would be glad to help as needed. Ty Ps: At some point I need to get to a duel master and 10mm lines. Your a head of the game on the brakes....

I'm on my third FJ40 build project out of owing 4 FJ40's. The FJ40 in my personal shop now is a 1970 early model. Yes you are correct in saying "That is it! Thanks! So I need to replace the vac lines and then find the leak to the back brakes." I also have a 2F installed but using the 3 on the tree 3 speed transmission. I would be glad to help as needed. Ty Ps: At some point I need to get to a duel master and 10mm lines. Your a head of the game on the brakes....
This one also has the 3 on the tree. I got the break line off and it had a pinhole in it. It is the number 44 break line. Land Cruiser Brake Lines & Hoses 1958-1984 FJ40 & FJ55 - https://www.sor.com/cat086.sor#086A3 I just need to order the 10mm flare nut size line. I am assuming I need to order the break line made for a 3/70-7/70 FJ40. Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

Since I live 110 miles one way from the land cruiser I am working on I need to order the correct break line. The line nuts on the break system are 10mm. It is a 1970 model. Can someone tell me when they started using 10mm line nuts on the 1970 FJ40's? Is it the 7/70-9/71 40/45 Series? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom