1969 VIN from Toyota Takaoka Plant (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to by a 69 40 series Landcruiser with a VIN starting with KE, instead of nominal FJ manufactured at the Takaoka plant in July of 69. VIN plate, Frame VIN and title all agree with the KE prefix. As far back as I can pull up DMV records the vehicle has had this VIN over 30 years in 2 different states. Has anyone run into this KE VIN designation ?

My bet is someone put this tag from a Corolla on this Cruiser.
Best case scenario it's just an importer mistake back then (as this plate is US spec only).

Not sure to understand if it's supposed to be a 69 or a 84? What does the title says (year, model, etc.) ?
I do not have a picture of the title yet. Understand it has the same VIN on title, frame and plate. From the owner, I know, it is a 69 on the title

It has been successfully titled in 2 US states for close to 40 years as is. I am concerned here in North Carolina as they send DMV inspectors to your home to check vintage vehicles. Just dealt with that with a 1970 British car. They are tough..

Appreciate your inputs

I do not have a picture of the title yet. Understand it has the same VIN on title, frame and plate. From the owner, I know, it is a 69 on the title

It has been successfully titled in 2 US states for close to 40 years as is. I am concerned here in North Carolina as they send DMV inspectors to your home to check vintage vehicles. Just dealt with that with a 1970 British car. They are tough..

Appreciate your inputs

I believe the frame number on that paper. I have a 1969 and the frame number is a bit higher, but it was produced 3/1969. Makes sense. So, if the stamped frame number matches the title, then it makes sense. Where it does not make sense is the Corolla data plates. That is probably why @Beno asked that. Something very weird about this.

He has the famous rarely seen one off TLC (Toyota Land Corolla). MPG is in the low 20's and you can fit a family of 5. Fun fact the drive shaft u-joint on the early corolla is the same as the FJ60 steering u-joint.
Pic of frame VIN or hit the road!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom