For Sale 1969 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - Fallbrook, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Fallbrook, California 92028 United States
Mileage
Color
Blue
Outside Link
https://www.lagunaclassiccars.com/vehicles/737/1969-toyota-fj-40
• Frame-Off Restoration
• Current CA Registration
• Color: Royal Blue (T-452)
• Modifications: Power Steering, Front Disc Brakes, Fairey Overdrive, Plastic Cooling Fan, Downey Headers, Electronic Ignition
• Restoration Scope: Completely rebuilt drivetrain; new shocks, bearings, seals; new tires; all body stripped down to bare metal, rust cut out and patched; new upholstery; new OEM window gaskets; many new body rubber parts; fasteners plated as original or replaced; 1000’s of hours of work with way too many new parts to list.

• Included misc: Pictures & many receipts from restoration work. New car cover.

Selling due to starting a family and a change of priorities. A ton of work has gone into details on this project; it sits like a brand new truck. Please reach out to ask any questions or discuss the project.

B7F70340-80A9-4805-88B8-72C376599623.jpeg
79FB3E83-5F00-4ECB-A30E-BC96724D4F58.jpeg
CDEC6F82-E444-45EE-B1EC-155F1E0CEC7E.jpeg
482B5E0A-7ECD-47B6-A8DB-746F7CF39E97.jpeg

Last edited:
Completely rebuilt drivetrain yet a leaky front main seal? Is the engine not part of the drivetrain?

Completely rebuilt drivetrain yet a leaky front main seal? Is the engine not part of the drivetrain?
Fair point; unfortunately, there is a leak at the timing cover. This has been repaired & gasket replaced; initially I had not sealed the bolt holes themselves that I later learned was necessary.

Last edited:
WORK UNDERWAY TO COMPLETE: OFF-MARKET FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. Oil leak fixed (front timing cover gasket & bolts), exhaust gasket replaced, cooling fan upgrade done. Parking brake cable connected. Working now on brakes, paint, & electrical. Giving myself a little credit for work done and addressing the loose ends identified above.

Last edited:
I recently took a trip up to Fallbrook to take a look at this cruiser. The workmanship on the paint and body was pretty nice. There's a couple small areas that needed to be addressed but the overall quality of the paint and body work was really nice both interior and exterior. The seller has all the paint that was used in the restoration as well as extensive receipts and photos of all the work performed. I didn't know the seller prior to heading up there to meet him, but I think the rig is accurately represented here. The truck fired right up and idled nice outside of a small exhaust leak that he is addressing. I was/am definitely interested in the rig, but the amount of free time I have for projects is too limited.

Work it needs (that I can remember):

Complete painless harness install. (mostly lighting and gauge cluster remained)
Fix Crank Pulley leak (needs a new seal, looks like the seller is correcting)
Fix rear brake leak (owner fixed with new flares on the brake line)
Paint touch-up (I saw 1-2 scratches and a small bar at the top of the rear doors)
Paint/install kick vent doors
Install door inner access panels
Install weather stripping
Frame paint (under the master cylinder and near passenger rear wheel)

Pictures & posting updated.

I initially posted this for sale with some work remaining and a list detailed out. The work has now been completed and I’ve been driving it to work out any kinks. Take a look at the pictures above and message me with any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom