SOLD 1969/Toyota/Landcruiser FJ40 Capri Blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(0, 221, 255)
Outside Link
https://killeen.craigslist.org/cto/d/salado-1969-fj40-land-cruiser/7130102492.html
1969 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 Capri Blue

IMG-4625.JPG

1969 FJ40 with electronic fuel injection paired 2F engine and 4-speed transmission from a 77 model. Transfer Case 2H-4H-4L also from 77 model and Warn front locking hubs. This FJ40 is reliable, tough, and authentic if anything. She looks somewhat of a derelict but she runs on all cylinders and looks better for it. She isn't overly dressed up and shined, she's got tough metal skin that's honest and always ready to go to work wherever you may elect to journey. I bring it into the daily commute about once or twice a week. I upgraded the land cruiser from carbureted to EFI three years ago and she’s started up every time since. Hidden kill switch installed to act as theft deterrent whenever you take her into town and leave her parked out in public as this Land cruiser is ideal with the hardtop and doors off. I had the engine rebuilt upon purchase four years ago.

History: Originally a California Land Cruiser bought, owned, and lived in Ventura, California for the first 40 years until sold by the original owner. I bought it out of Southern California four years ago and enjoyed the two years touring the High Mojave desert trails before I was re-stationed.

As mentioned, I drive it 1-2 times a week, usually to work (30-minute commute, to include interstate at 60mph) or to take the family out on the weekend on light trail roads.

Hardtop suspected from a 79-year group model.
Warn Winch fully operational
Steel front bumper with bull bar
Jump seats
Off-road tires
Black sunshade canvas for when topless
Spare tire rack with a mounted spare tire on the rear
Capri Blue
All lights work.
20 gal main tank under the seats and 20-gallon auxiliary tank in the rear.

$22,500 willing to negotiate with added tow dolly used to transport FJ40 over long hauls and moves across the country.

IMG-4622.JPG

IMG-4616.JPG

IMG-4618.JPG

IMG-4623.JPG

Last edited:
Maybe you need a nice really well built and refurbished LX450 :)

Incredible patina...I love this thing, but sadly I am not in a position to buy. Good luck!

How do you fill the rear auxillary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom