For Sale 1969 Toyota 4X4 FJ55 LAND CRUISER PORTAL AXLED ROCK CRAWLER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1969 Toyota 4X4 FJ55 LAND CRUISER PORTAL AXLED ROCK CRAWLER - PRICE DROP!

Have you ever wanted to move up to an extreme rock crawling rig complete with 4 wheel steering and portal axles? Well, this is your chance to buy a complete extreme rock crawler for less than the cost of the parts that went into building it!!

This is a custom built 1969 Toyota FJ55 Land Cruiser 4x4 with a balanced and blueprinted Chevy 350 engine and a built TH350 transmission. The truck has dual transfer cases using a stock FJ60 case mated to the gear reduction of a NP203 case. The heavily trussed axles are identical rear axles from a FJ60 with 4 Hummer Portal Steering boxes at the ends. Final crawl ratio is 270:1. These were professionally trussed and built by Dutchman Motorsports in Portland, OR using stock parts available at dealers and even NAPA stores! The tires are 42" Interco Super Swamper TSLs wrapped around steel 15x10 8-lug Hummer wheels. The rig rides on a custom ball link suspension for extreme travel. The suspension is fully adjustable at all 4 corners using HD Firestone Semi-Truck Air Ride Air Bags supplied with air from an underhood Caterpillar 3208 Tu-Flo 501 belt driven air compressor controlled by 4 Parker manual air valves. Air bag suspension provides a full 15" of height adjustability. Full hydraulic front and rear steering with Danfoss cylinders and rear steer lockout mounts.

This rig is street legal and licensed, but is purpose built for extreme rock crawling. Wheelbase is 120", width 82" and weight is right at 5000#.

Purchased recently for my wife, but is too much for her to handle right now.

PM me for any questions, more info, specs and build sheet. This build project totalled over $45K. Price dropped to $11,000 OR BEST OFFER. Possible partial delivery negotiable - will meet you at any AZ border.
Located in TEMPE, AZ.
IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_20120406_122446.jpg

Last edited:
bump!

bump to top

bump bump

What year is the motor? Is it a 4 bolt main? You have done a great job on this.

Thanks, but I can't take credit for the build. The previous owner and his father-in-law engineered and built it through a few iterations over 17 years!

Here's the engine specs:

- 1972 Chevy 350 (360 CID) 4 bolt main / 010 block castings
- Blueprinted, .060 over on bore, decked, line honed, detailed and balanced
- 1988 late model truck heads - .194 intake / .160 exhaust w/ Dynagear stainless valves, Pioneer springs & retainers
- Heads - chambered, polished, bowl ported, milled to approx. 68cc
- Elgin Cam #E-1127-P, Intake .387 lift, 258 deg duration, 108 deg lobe center / Exhaust .410 lift, 273 deg duration, 116 deg lobe center
- HP hydraulic lifters, #HL-1817
- Dynagear Double roller timing chain
- Federal Mogul cam, rod, main bearings / Sealed Power piston rings, moly top ring
- Chromoly push rods
- Mallory Comp 9000 ignition w/ Hyfire photo cell
- Edelbrock intake with Rochester Quadrajet carb
- Dual fuel pumps, stock mechanical & Carter 8 psi electric
- Chevy steel crankshaft, .010
- Pink connecting rods (forged/profiled) with ARP bolts magged and polished
-TRW flat top pistons, 9.5 to 1 compression ratio
- 5 bolt big block oil pump and pickup
- 5 qt oil pan with Truefilter reusable oil filter
- Dynamax Block Huggers headers w/ 2-1/4" triple chamber flowmaster mufflers

Nice!

The motor sounds great. Can you show any images of the interior with the air ride controls, steering, ect?

The motor sounds great. Can you show any images of the interior with the air ride controls, steering, ect?

Here's a shot from the back seat. Note the four air valves mounted between the front seats, layed out logically so the front right valve controls the inflating/deflating of front right air bag, etc. Simply lift up on the valve to inflate and down to deflate. You can either partially inflate or deflate any bag or combo of bags or make slight adjustments either up or down depending on the terrain. The underhood Cat Tu Flow belt driven, engine oil lubed and coolant cooled compressor tries to maintain a constant 100 psi in the system using the front bumper, and 2 more tanks in the rear as a reserve. It will go from 0psi to 100psi in about 60-90 secs with all valves closed.

I'll take some pics of the rear steer joystick tonight. It's on the floor just in front of the right corner of the driver's seat, under where your right thigh would normally be.

Here's a shot of the rear steering joystick.

1EE2F872-7417-4F19-A1F8-98C32BA71E5E-147-00000002478506F2.jpg

bump!

bump!

Happy New Year!

Yes!! It is still available!! All offers are being considered!!

PM sent.

LAST CHANCE to make an offer before she goes to EBAY!!! All offers are being considered!

I'm somewhere between Scottsdale and Wickenburg now....don't eBay it!!!!!

Boo hoo

Then you're right around the corner from me!! Come on over, check it out, drive it around the block and over my neighbor's Corvette then make us an offer!!

Skin-crawling Rock Crawler

Am wondering if I'm the only one with ^that^ reaction to the words visible in the latest photo shown - post #23, I think. Gee, other than that it seems pretty skookum!

Seriously, Rebel, we're too busy plopping down a few zillion dollars on a winter house to acquire a rig....right now. I fear this will have to wait until next autumn. All the best of LWS.

Or you could park it in our (not yet existing) new garage for 6 months - hey, what a deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom