For Sale 1969 Toyota 4X4 FJ55 LAND CRUISER PORTAL AXLED ROCK CRAWLER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1969 Toyota 4X4 FJ55 LAND CRUISER PORTAL AXLED ROCK CRAWLER - PRICE DROP!

Have you ever wanted to move up to an extreme rock crawling rig complete with 4 wheel steering and portal axles? Well, this is your chance to buy a complete extreme rock crawler for less than the cost of the parts that went into building it!!

This is a custom built 1969 Toyota FJ55 Land Cruiser 4x4 with a balanced and blueprinted Chevy 350 engine and a built TH350 transmission. The truck has dual transfer cases using a stock FJ60 case mated to the gear reduction of a NP203 case. The heavily trussed axles are identical rear axles from a FJ60 with 4 Hummer Portal Steering boxes at the ends. Final crawl ratio is 270:1. These were professionally trussed and built by Dutchman Motorsports in Portland, OR using stock parts available at dealers and even NAPA stores! The tires are 42" Interco Super Swamper TSLs wrapped around steel 15x10 8-lug Hummer wheels. The rig rides on a custom ball link suspension for extreme travel. The suspension is fully adjustable at all 4 corners using HD Firestone Semi-Truck Air Ride Air Bags supplied with air from an underhood Caterpillar 3208 Tu-Flo 501 belt driven air compressor controlled by 4 Parker manual air valves. Air bag suspension provides a full 15" of height adjustability. Full hydraulic front and rear steering with Danfoss cylinders and rear steer lockout mounts.

This rig is street legal and licensed, but is purpose built for extreme rock crawling. Wheelbase is 120", width 82" and weight is right at 5000#.

Purchased recently for my wife, but is too much for her to handle right now.

PM me for any questions, more info, specs and build sheet. This build project totalled over $45K. Price dropped to $11,000 OR BEST OFFER. Possible partial delivery negotiable - will meet you at any AZ border.
Located in TEMPE, AZ.
IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_20120406_122446.jpg

Last edited:
weekend bump!

btt btt

btt btt

825 views and not even a "Dam that is a Beast comment"

dam that is a beast. not for me but its still dam cool.

GLWTS

Damn that's a beast...GLWS! Cheers :beer:

Beast indeed. Show us your axles!

Yes, I have 2 dogs but they aren't for sale! ;)

Here's some more info and pics of the axles.

Both axles are Land Cruiser/Humvee Hybrid Axles with trussed rear LC housings adapted to fit the 97.5 and later Hummer steering portal boxes. The 97.5 and later portal box components are 20% stronger than their predecessors (ball joints, spurs gears, and CV outer shafts). The axle housings end up being 63.5" wide (wheel mounting surfaces). The diffs are LC rear diffs which have been inverted, so both are high pinion with 4.11:1 gears. The rear has a Detroit Locker and the front an ARB air locker. Axles shafts are chromolly with stock Toyota 30-spline on the diff end and Humvee 97.5 and later 34 spline inner and 27 spline outer heat treated CV. Both diffs have the Toyota 27-spline fine spline pinion. A complete spare open third member is included. Also one spare long side axle shaft is included as well. The Humvee portal boxes are an additional 1.92:1 gear reduction. The Humvee box HD ball joints are available at NAPA, and the box just slides into the ball joint slots over the end of the axle shaft at the axle ends. Stazworks supplied the custom Humvee portal high-steer steering arms. Wheels are 8-lug 15x9 steel beadlocked wheels with a 4" backspacing. A spare wheel is included. Outer tire diameter with the 42's is just under 82", fits on my trailer easily with 83" available between the fender wells.
$(KGrHqN,!ksE9WVR(htKBPen3HgN(w~~60_3.jpg
$(KGrHqN,!qME88f7ZCtCBPen3L4E-Q~~60_3.jpg
IMG_20120406_122512.jpg

PRICE DROP!!!

Asking price is now $17,750 OBO, and remember, I will deliver for free to any AZ border!

Last edited:
bump bump

Labor Day Weekend BumP!

That truck is immense !!!
Bump

And, it's "adjustable"!:)

Ha! No, it's just water! It had just been washed!

FURTHER PRICE DROP!!!! Asking price is now $15,900! Will deliver free to any AZ border.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom