1969 production/ 1970 US market FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to pick up a 1970 FJ40 from my brother in about a month. From the picture he sent me there is a bar behind the rear seat that goes from one side to the other. He said it was there when he bought it. I have looked at every FJ40 on the internet and can not find another one that has this bar. Was this factory or something added by the PO.

70 FJ40 Bar.jpg

The rear cross bar is not original and neither is the roll bar or lower tail lights. I own a 1970 FJ-40 manufactured in 7/69. The vehicle should have originally come with the long side seats in the back.

The rear cross bar is not original and neither is the roll bar or lower tail lights. I own a 1970 FJ-40 manufactured in 7/69. The vehicle should have originally come with the long side seats in the back.
Thanks. I know the roll bar is an FJ40 bar, but are the tail lights from another year FJ40. I'm not going to do a full resto as the 1f engine is gone and they put a 350 in it.

Almost look like it may be what that fold and tumble (non OEM) rear seat rest on.

Does your 7/69 have bib lights and clearance lights on the side? 69 model had bib lights but not clearance lights? 70 model had clearance lights but not bib lights. In the US market the 3/69-9/69 had a short run of two barrel carburetor with a air cleaner that fits only that carburetor.

Since I'm new to this can you'll look at these picks and tell me anything that is not correct. This is a 1970 FJ40 manufactured 11/69. I know the wheels are not original and I think the steering wheel is a later model.

1970 FJ40 Front.jpg

1970 FJ40 Inside.jpg

1970 FJ40 Side.jpg

Almost look like it may be what that fold and tumble (non OEM) rear seat rest on.

Does your 7/69 have bib lights and clearance lights on the side? 69 model had bib lights but not clearance lights? 70 model had clearance lights but not bib lights. In the US market the 3/69-9/69 had a short run of two barrel carburetor with a air cleaner that fits only that carburetor.

My 1970 FJ-40 (build date 7/69) came with round reflectors on the side panels above the fenders. (no clearance lights) The bib does have lights, but they've been rewired into parking/turn-signal lights. I removed the fender turn signals and installed off-road lights many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom