1969 heat riser question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there any reason I shouldn’t cut this out and tig braze the holes shut? I found about a half dozen exhaust leaks I am trying to take care of. The truck lives in a warm climate so I am not worried about warm up times. It was already missing the flap and whatever else that was attached.

AFDB200B-CE08-4F01-A549-335006193963.jpeg

yes, get rid of it... plug the holes - or put on header...

There are other FHR if you really want it.

Being from Minnesota, it can be helpful - but not by too much - COLD IS COLD,

yes, get rid of it... plug the holes - or put on header...

There are other FHR if you really want it.

Being from Minnesota, it can be helpful - but not by too much - COLD IS COLD,
I’m mid coast California and this thing has been pissing me off. I may go headers in the future, but moving ahead one piece at a time. Thanks

I have a 1965 that I removed that device. Apparently, the corrosion over time will sometimes freeze that flap in such a position as to constantly heat the intake and that is not good. It is actually to heat the intake and go back to position after that. On mine I threaded those holes and installed NPT type plugs.

Is that a crack on the manifold ?

I have a 1965 that I removed that device. Apparently, the corrosion over time will sometimes freeze that flap in such a position as to constantly heat the intake and that is not good. It is actually to heat the intake and go back to position after that. On mine I threaded those holes and installed NPT type plugs.

Is that a crack on the manifold ?
Yes it is, fixing that as well while it is apart. I’m going to gouge it out and braze it for now until I can figure out what I am going to do with headers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom