Builds 1969 FJ55 Patina Piggy... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Following along.

Glad to have you!

After some serious thought and discussions on time/value of money, etc.... we said "to heck with it!" and we are going to get this truck back on the road. Working on an order with @bobm now.

Looking for a 2F or 3FE drivetrain... driveshafts... other miscellaneous parts. A second pig with a more solid bottom half even? Will be monitoring the classifieds and entertaining any junk people want to pawn off...

So just a thought to add to the discussion...
With such a fantastic patina and overall cancerless exterior, this would be one of those examples to leave as bone stock as possible with less upgrades and more character. Maybe some subtle upgrades like a Pertronix type ignition, disc brake front conversion - go through the mechanicals to ensure they’re good to go, and then just leave it as is. Spray any remaining problematic rust areas with your lubricant of choice and let it be. More road time, less time tying up space in a shop or driveway in pieces.

So just another thought to add to the discussion...

Body swap this salvage 2020 Toyota 4Runner Venture Edition.

00C0C_3TydPE2AHcQ_0gw0b1_1200x900.jpg

So just a thought to add to the discussion...
With such a fantastic patina and overall cancerless exterior, this would be one of those examples to leave as bone stock as possible with less upgrades and more character. Maybe some subtle upgrades like a Pertronix type ignition, disc brake front conversion - go through the mechanicals to ensure they’re good to go, and then just leave it as is. Spray any remaining problematic rust areas with your lubricant of choice and let it be. More road time, less time tying up space in a shop or driveway in pieces.

This is, generally, the plan. A reliable drivetrain, a "comfortable" interior, and mostly untouched on the outside. I'll let @KSDaddio weigh in with more input if he likes. This is, honestly, not my project.

So just another thought to add to the discussion...

Body swap this salvage 2020 Toyota 4Runner Venture Edition.

View attachment 2474474

I echo the "IFS, ewwww!" crowd on this idea. Even though our family car is a 2017 4Runner.

Cool find, where in Oklahoma did you pick this rig up? I rarely see any pasture finds for any cruisers when I am back there although I keep looking!!!

This is, generally, the plan. A reliable drivetrain, a "comfortable" interior, and mostly untouched on the outside. I'll let @KSDaddio weigh in with more input if he likes. This is, honestly, not my project.

I echo the "IFS, ewwww!" crowd on this idea. Even though our family car is a 2017 4Runner.
Thats a tempting idea, what do you want for the derelict?

Nice, I grew up on the weekends at Lake Eufaula. The farm is not quite an hour away from there and I don't think I have ever seen a cruiser around there. No shortage of old fords and chevy trucks though.
Good to know people!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom