Builds 1969 FJ55 Patina Piggy... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
@KSDaddio and I would be lying if we didn't confess to the patina on this truck being part of what drew us in. KSDaddio is my dad and playing with mideast Land Cruisers together has awakened the need for more projects. This truck came out of an Oklahoma farm field. So my dad borrowed a trailer, hitched it up to the T100, and fetched the truck over a very long weekend.

It's got the original F engine and a three speed (3 on the tree). No driveshafts. Lots of parts missing off the motor. Quite a few windows bashed out, as well as the headlights, by some clown that decided it would be fun. Wasn't running when parked and some parts have been picked over (sideview mirrors for example). It's got some lovely jerry can holders on the front fenders (kinda cool). Pretty rough on the interior. ALL upholstery/stuffing was trashed... rats, etc. We've already cleaned all that out.

As he found the truck on the farm (the farmer had pulled it out of the field with his tractor to this spot).
001asrecieved.jpg

002asrecieved.jpg

Last registered in 1984.
003lastregistered.jpg

A May of 1969 model.
004built.jpg

All four tires looked like this. The owner had managed to air them up but in the process of pulling it out of the field they all shredded.
005tires.jpg

Some of what we found inside...
006interior.jpg

007floorboard.jpg

008gauge.jpg

009controls.jpg

And loaded up for the trek back to Topeka...
010loadedup.jpg

I would definitely call that a project. No
Pain; no gain.

It COULD be a project, that's for sure. Right now I'm think we are the dog that finally caught a car...

Before unloading it from the trailer @KSDaddio took it through one of the spray-it-yourself carwashes. That helped immensely with the overall appearance. He also threw on some OEM 16" splits with 7.5R16 tall & skinnies... it really helped with the appearance.

011cleanedup.jpg

012cleanedup.jpg

Before unloading it from the trailer @KSDaddio took it through one of the spray-it-yourself carwashes. That helped immensely with the overall appearance. He also threw on some OEM 16" splits with 7.5R16 tall & skinnies... it really helped with the appearance.

I like the look with the splits. 👍

Patina wins out in my book on this one. Although I am glad you cleaned up the patina on the tires

Here's what we are dealing with inside...

013floor.jpg

014floor.jpg

015rearfloor.jpg

Thinking we may snag the @bobm floor pans... but afraid of what we'll find under what is remaining of the floors...

How's the frame?

Frame is solid actually. No issues there. Body rot is really confined to the floors/sills. Other than that its amazingly solid all things considered.

What become of that one? Were those plants growing between the bumper and front end?
I robbed several parts off of it and now it resides with other parts cruisers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom