For Sale 1969 FJ40 with 2005 GMC V8 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As sad as I am to post this, I’ve got to sell my Donkey (brown, loud, stinks, but goes anywhere). Wanted to take him to Costa Rica but they changed their import laws before I could get all the necessary things done. I appreciate all the help I’ve gotten from this forum and hope to return once I’ve moved to CR and gotten a new project FJ or BJ down there.
Asking $19999 for a vehicle that’s mostly done, most of the hard work’s finished, just prettifying at this point.
Here’s a link to my Facebook ad with all the details and pics. PM me with questions or for more pics: 1969 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - Auto Parts - Odenton, Maryland - Marketplace | Facebook

For those of y'all who aren't on FaceTube, here's a list of what it's got:
· This FJ40 was originally from west coast (i.e.: no salt on roads)= Rust-free frame
· 2005 PACIFIC FABRICATIONS 5.3L V8 motor, harness and tune (reads as a Chevy Tahoe), approx. 500miles on it; vehicle total mileage unknown, but VIN is clean
· Hardtop fiberglass rebuilt/restored with brand new CCoT rain gutter
· Pacific Fab oil pain (modified to clear front drive shaft)
· AA Headers
· Bling Bling Radiator and electric fans
· Optima Deep cycle
· Rock Tactics motor mounts
· NV4500 5-speed transmission; very solid, but mild synchro wear on either side of 3rd gear
· Advanced Adapters Transfer case adapter, Hi and Lo 4x4
· LC 3 Speed Transfer case with working brake
· Disc Brake front FJ40 axle (1973?), Stock FJ40 rear; engine brake booster connected
· Toyota truck Power steering
· New 33x12.5x15 Procomp MT tires (5)
· Roll-cage installed
· Brand new SOR replacement rear under-mount 22 gal gas tank (like early Con-Ferr auxiliary tank)
· Brand new HydraMat fuel pad (keeps fuel supply consistent at any off-road angle)
· 1969 Rare R-sided tire-door hanger
· New wiring harness (engine harness is wired separately from PacFab)
· Front bucket seats—street-safe from 2012 Scion for comfort
· Badland 12000lb Off-Road Electric Winch with remote control
· Brand new safety tow/tree straps for off-roading/recovery
· Custom gauges
· Have both original rear jump-seats (not currently installed)
· Minimal rust on doors, body/tub when I purchased in 2016: repaired with primer until full repaint job
· Hardtop sides in good condition, minor rust in couple corners, repaired with POR; rare original intact flip-down hatch and half-doors
· Have brand new SOR Summer top with Tiger bar (never used)
· Have heater with core (not installed as was going to ship vehicle to Costa Rica)
· Have extra 1970s Con-Ferr auxiliary tank (back-up, not installed)
· Have new headliner (not installed—waiting for paint job first)
· Have all new roof, hardtop, door and window frame seals, new window felt (not installed—was waiting until after paint job)
· New door, hinge, hood hardware (not installed—also waiting until after paint job)
· NO DIAMOND-PLATE—ORIGINAL STEEL

DISCLOSURE

I was in the process of restoring this beast of an off-road vehicle that has been a dream of mine since I was a teen. My plan was to take my time, and eventually ship down to Costa Rica (CR), where I plan to move in the future. Unfortunately, CR just changed their import laws so no vehicle older than 12 years may be imported as of 1/1/2018. So, as much as I want to keep it, I need to sell it to fund building a house in CR. One of the early PO’s did a non-optimal paint job, so all the black paint you see on the vehicle were minor paint bubbles/dings that were sanded, prepped, and primed. I was going to get it painted once I imported it (since it’s cheaper down there), so it’s ready for your favorite vintage paint color. You will have a very hard time finding a rust-free frame or tub on the East Coast, but this is one of them (cause it came from Oregon, originally from @RustyNailJustin).

Last edited:
Might want to post a link for those who don’t have Facebook. Like me. :) I can’t see what it looks like. Others interested may not be able to as well.
Sorry all, will attempt to get some pics up this week. Sole proprietor of two small businesses doesn’t give me much time for forums, much less FJ40S!

BEFA9189-2FE6-4DFB-8A53-4448B8FB8A3B.jpeg
E0A22027-6101-460E-853D-CD5D94E6756C.jpeg
Here’s a couple pics
E4CC8188-1E63-47A6-A923-EDCD59B0B91F.jpeg
7C11FCBB-10B0-4065-A146-6E2A2A164A6A.jpeg
AF2517CE-7E9A-4E36-BD93-479C7F3DEBBA.jpeg

I really don't think all the hard work is finished.

Just saying

@FWaltersnewbie I dont think people would jump all over you. As long as you were happy with the price who cares?
Pricing helps us determine what these rigs are worth

@FWaltersnewbie I dont think people would jump all over you. As long as you were happy with the price who cares?
Pricing helps us determine what these rigs are worth
Have you been on this website before?!? NO ONE ever jumps on ANYone! ;)
Any object is worth what the buyer is willing to pay!
I'll be happy to tell anyone that PMs me. It was a lot less than I asked above, but more than I paid for it, probably lost a thousand or two in parts/labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom