For Sale 1969 FJ40 - Redondo Beach, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series

Show up at his place at your own risk! 😜

58314996-861E-43A3-A284-434FB8481DB8.jpeg

@7schulz I read a great article from Warren Buffett the other day. It talked about what his most important business lessons were during his "formative" years. He said the hardest thing for him to accept was that if he worked so hard at something, that it didn't increase the value of said particular object or business. You'll find that most of the people on here are the same people that are on BaT. But you may, in fact, find the lone unicorn willing to pay your price. Although, in that price range they would be better off buying a tub and spraying it that color anyhow?

I’m not fully understanding your position. Sure I or anyone could buy a tub and paint it spring green but then it’s not original. I’ve seen 1 or 2 or maybe 5 Spring green 40’s in original paint and metal, none as solid as this one. Maybe they are out there maybe they are not. Maybe you don’t see it but this in my mind is a museum piece. I didn’t put the effort in to cash out, I did it for the love of cruisers and to save and preserve this one in original, full of character, condition for perpetuity.
As far as I know it’s a one year color?

You wouldn’t believe the number of people that fall out of their chairs at the restaurants downtown Zionsville trying to get a picture of us as we drive down the brick Main Street. More than the Ferrari or Lambo parked on the same street. Lol

2FA7B171-49A0-4E9E-8BA1-474F8588EB88.jpeg

D4650D4E-C240-4A0B-B949-312D2A619A7A.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! Okay.....most important question. Do you have the top and how did you get it off so easy? I'm not taking mine off cause it's so dang heavy!

The position was just that, when you said how hard it was to find certain parts, etc. That it doesn't necessarily increase the value of something. I hope you get what you are asking though. It's a beauty for sure. And if anything, some people on here are angry at the pricing of these cause' they remember buying their first for 8k. You're right, I definitely don't see many, or any really, even in the clubs etc. It is intuitive that if the 83 sells for so much because there are so few, than this should be seen in the same light correct?

I have the soft top bows and door frame. The hard top that came on it I sold to a local member bc he needed one. Basically I unbolted it from the body in the factory spots and the two of us lifted it off. I never run a top or even put the windshield up, as you can see by pretty much all of my pictures lol. I don’t see the point of a top on these based on my usage. The only pieces I don’t have is the fabric, it’s mostly because I haven’t decided what color I want on it.

I don't have a dog in this fight but you are bending over backwards to keep it original and claim that's the main reason for the high price yet you split the original top from the rig? 🤔

I don't have a dog in this fight but you are bending over backwards to keep it original and claim that's the main reason for the high price yet you split the original top from the rig? 🤔
It was already an FST and he sold the non original hardtop. Does anyone here not think this is a nice truck in survivor condition? Is it worth 37k...probably not but it does appear to be well sorted with a lot of time and effort and money has been put into it for the past 1.5 years. Not exactly a flipper.

Pictures of original FST doors with original (newly zinc plated) hardware, original mirror arms and new mirrors.

9FEC423F-6434-4227-B358-A9E0ADD470C3.jpeg

809AA072-DD21-4F4B-ACED-7F9144C98E7A.jpeg

6D44D623-E110-439F-BB36-0DECA0228BA9.jpeg

5219E8D3-A3F5-46A2-8B79-D6BF6DA8A26C.jpeg

6E19290D-3E8A-4B28-8150-2C4416146D9A.jpeg

It was already an FST and he sold the non original hardtop. Does anyone here not think this is a nice truck in survivor condition? Is it worth 37k...probably not but it does appear to be well sorted with a lot of time and effort and money has been put into it for the past 1.5 years. Not exactly a flipper.
Correct on all accounts.

I like this more than the $1,000,000 57 I posted for Patina

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom