1969 FJ40 Odometer - Manually Advance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got my instrument cluster and speedometer cable successfully installed. My FJ40 is an original in the family and I forgot to add some miles to the odometer before reinstalling the instrument cluster. I really don't want to pull everything apart again. Can I advance the odometer by removing the cable from the transfer case and turning the cable by hand or with a drill at low speed? If yes, do I rotate the cable clockwise or counterclockwise?

I got my instrument cluster and speedometer cable successfully installed. My FJ40 is an original in the family and I forgot to add some miles to the odometer before reinstalling the instrument cluster. I really don't want to pull everything apart again. Can I advance the odometer by removing the cable from the transfer case and turning the cable by hand or with a drill at low speed? If yes, do I rotate the cable clockwise or counterclockwise?
I might be missing something but, depending on what mileage reading you're after, you could be at it for quite some time with a drill at low speed. If you're just looking to add "some" miles, take it out and drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom